From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 17 Feb 2009 08:22:18 -0600
Subject:        Fwd: Aerial maps of US from 1940s
Date:   Mon, 16 Feb 2009 17:52:54 -0500
From:   s hawkins <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Bruce,

Typicall photos of this vintage can be found through the NARA
(National Archives). Since the last time I purchased through them was
about 3 years ago things may have changed, but I think it takes about
6 - 8 weeks turnaround through their vendors (the folks that are
authorized to reproduce their imagery) and you have to go through one
of those to get the research done.

http://www.archives.gov/research/formats/cartographic.html

I used to do this sort of thing but am no longer. Good luck!

--sue hawkins

~~~~~~~~~
http://www.flickr.com/photos/suehawkins/