From:
Date:
Fri, 17 Aug 2012 13:31:55 -0500
Subject: RE: Moving map cases
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2012 14:19:08 -0400
From: Grabach, Kenneth A. Mr. <[log in to unmask]>
To: Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship <[log in to unmask]>

I think the shrink wrapping is good potential idea!.  We have used this
method for moving books on some large wooden trucks.  The person at our
library who was in charge of our books moving last year says the shrink
wrap will not stick to itself unless it's pulled really tight.  For it
to help protect the maps in a drawer, it does need to be pulled tight.
So you will need probably at least two people to hold each drawer, and
probably two people on either side of the two holders, passing the roll
of wrap around and toward each other.  If you can figure out a simple
way to do the wrapping, this could work.

Ken Grabach                           <[log in to unmask]>
Maps Librarian                          Phone: 513-529-1726
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, Ohio  45056  USA