From:
Date:
Fri, 6 Feb 2004 16:54:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Aerial Photography Storage Cases]
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2004 16:54:44 -0500
From: Susan A. Hawkins <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Hi there!

We use the old-fashioned flat-file metal cases that have the hinged metal
weights in front. These are great for keeping the large photomosaic indices
flattish, since they tend to curl a lot as they age - even  when kept flat.
It is crucial to not overstuff them, that seems to cause sheets to slide
around and distort inside the drawers. We have dozens of these files in
both of our locations.

We keep our 9"x9" contact prints in regular metal file cabinets, in paper
envelopes if possible.

Our 9x9 negatives are ideally kept in their original cans, but occasionally
we find that they have been cut. These pose a special storage problem - we
have special stiff plastic sleeves for them which can be stickered and
filed vertically or horizontally. These sleeves can be got through
www.picturepocket.com.

Good luck...

---sue h

At 04:31 PM 2/6/04, you wrote:
> [...]

Susan A. Hawkins                            National Aerial Resources
37 Avenue D
Saratoga Springs, NY    12866
V: 800-827-2994       F: 518-581-0805
http://www.nar.com            ...insight through aerial photography