From:
Maps-L Moderator <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 24 Feb 2009 16:09:17 -0600
Subject:         SLA Innovation in Technology Award - call for nominations
Date:   Tue, 24 Feb 2009 22:05:30 +0000 (UTC)
From:   [log in to unmask]

We're looking for you!

The SLA Innovation in Technology Award Committee, sponsored by J.J. Keller,
is looking for nominations for the 2009 award.  This award is "granted to an
SLA member in good standing for innovative use and application of technology
in a special library/information center setting."  This award includes a
$1,000 cash prize!!

We are looking for people that meet the following criteria:

- Must be an innovative project (Innovation definition: "a creation (a new
device or process) resulting from study and experimentation").

- Must be led by or heavily involving a SLA member.

- Should be an exemplar of how librarians/information professionals
effectively and efficiently serve as the human connection between
technology, the information, and the user experience.

- Should be a model of applying Section D "Applying Information Tools &
Technologies" to Sections B "Managing Information Resources" and/or Section
C "Managing Information Services" of the SLA Professional Competencies [
http://www.sla.org/content/learn/members/competencies/index.cfm ].

To self-nominate or submit your nomination for an outstanding candidate,
please submit your nominations online at:

http://www.sla.org/content/SLA/awardsrecognition/awardnomfrm2007.cfm

or e-mail the form with supporting materials directly to [log in to unmask]

All nominations must be received by midnight (Eastern Time) on March 31,
2009.

-James

R. James King, MLS

1st Vice President, President-Elect
DC Chapter, Special Libraries Association

"A Capital Celebration: SLA @ 100"
http://units.sla.org/chapter/cdc/

SLA Information Futurist Caucus Convener http://units.sla.org/caucus/kinf/

(202) 767-7515

"Resolved:  To live with all my might while I do live, and as I will wish I
had lived ten thousand years from now." Jonathan Edwards