From:
"Zellmer, Linda" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2017 09:14:17 -0600
Hello,

I have a map that has DLC cataloging. It is the exact same size as a map
described by DLC, the problem is that the DLC cataloging copy has an error
in the scale. I have determined the scale of the copy in our collection
using the scale finder and determined that the scale given on the printed
map is definitely correct. The scale on the record was entered incorrectly.
I have checked the OPACs of 3 libraries that own the map, 2 have adjusted
the scale in their local catalogs to show the correct scale. I plan to do
the same (use the DLC copy but correct the scale in our local record).

Is there a procedure for reporting a problem in DLC copy to someone at DLC
so that the OCLC record can be corrected? Thank you. Linda Zellmer

--
Linda Zellmer
Government Information & Data Services Librarian