From:
Date:
Wed, 12 Jan 2005 14:27:15 -0500
People who are planning to attend the ALA Midwinter conference in Boston
are most welcome to come to our GIS Discussion Group and GeoTech
Committee meeting. The meeting will be held in Hynes Convention Center
313 from 9:00-11:00am. It is open to all the people who are interested
in sharing and learning about geographic information, and technology in
library.

Right now we have three agendas and hope to have more at the meeting.

1. Information session followed by discussion on system architecture
that was designed by Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
(PUL)to catalog, organize, distribute, view, and download scanned maps,
aerial photographs, and geospatial data.

2. Discussion on staffing issues, costs (for software and development)
and ongoing maintenance of system architecture for individual
institutions that are dealing with the above issues.

3. Discussion on Metacarta http://www.metacarta.com

See you in Boston!!

-Wangyal

Tsering Wangyal Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Head, Digital Map and Geospatial Information Center
Geosciences and Map Library
Fine Hall B Level, Princeton University
Princeton, NJ 08544
Phone: (609) 258-6804
Fax: (609) 258-4607
www.princeton.edu/~geolib/gis

Tsering W Shawa ([log in to unmask]),Tsering W Shawa
Geographic Information Systems Librarian
Princeton University Library
Geosciences and Map Library