From:
Ken Grabach <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Maps-L: Discussion Forum for Maps, Air Photo, Map Librarianship, GIS, etc." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Oct 2014 15:10:23 -0400
I await more expert responders to #1 and #2.

On #3.
No matter how it is stored, you describe in 300c the dimensions of the map,
unfolded.  If you are keeping it flat, sounds like you are, since it's
encapsulated, you would add the phrase, "designed to be folded to ... " or
"originally folded to ..." and give the folded dimensions, also.  Where the
original cataloger is keeping a map folded, the phrase "folded to ..."
might be used.  But always for a map description, give its dimensions as a
flat map or of the sheet, when there are no neat lines, "on sheet ...".

There are other conventions where a single map is on more than one sheet,
and where a single map is on both sides of one sheet.

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
Miami University Libraries
Oxford, OH  45056  USA

On Wed, Oct 1, 2014 at 1:55 PM, Angela R Cope <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Ken Grabach
Maps Librarian
BEST Library, 219D
Miami University Libraries