From:
"Paige G. Andrew" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Oct 2015 21:28:52 -0400
Melissa,

You are way off in your estimated date. I will share with you an article published in the Journal of Map & Geography Libraries on this topic tomorrow. If I recall correctly, the first federal depository programs (but maybe not the current iteration of the FDLP) began in the 1930s, and I do know that most major research-level map collections got their big boost immediately after WWII when the federal government released duplicate maps to select collections. More tomorrow, and welcome aboard as a new maps cataloger! Hope to meet you in the near future.

Paige