Date:
Fri, 3 Feb 1995 14:10:07 EST
Wow! Thanks for all the responses I have been getting on this.Keep those cards
and letters coming in folks.  The trend in the responses is to see these
mapping workstations as extensions of the cartographic reference services we
now, or have provided in the past.

Two problems persist, TIME to work with the  patrons/clients/students on this;
and TRAINING for ourselves so wecan spend the time to work with the patrons...

Thanks for the generosity of so many of you on the net. I will send you in
return a copy of our latest policy statement and a list of what we have up on
the system.  It isn't a lot, but as with so many of you, we are just
starting.

I am curious also how GIS in the library has BENEFITTED you...in our case,
Chris created some neat maps right after the election, the next day, as a
matter of fact, and took them to a show and tell for NYPL's Board of Trustees.
I think his sweat poured out on those election maps paid off in tremendous p.r
. forthe MapDivision,  and he has some FUN doing it, etc., etc. So what are
the BENEFITS for you all, locally?