From:
Date:
Tue, 4 Feb 1997 09:47:19 EST
This message is from Randall Flynn.----------------------------Johnnie

>From: "Flynn, Randall E." <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: RE: Gazetteers
>Date: 03 Feb 97 08:52:00 est

Try http://164.214.2.59/gns/html/index.html.
DMA's absorption into NIMA may have led to some changes in server ids, etc.

R. E. Flynn
NIMA Geographer

 ----------

From: owner-maps-l
To: Multiple recipients of list MAPS-L
Subject: Gazetteers
Date: Friday, January 31, 1997 4:47PM

Dear MAPS-Lers;

I obviously missed something.  Has the DMA on-line Gazzetter gone away,
or has it moved?  Is there an alternative to the WWW connection?

By the way, I found a great gazetteer in StetlFinder, an on-line version
of "Where Once We Walked," the Eastern European gazetteer.  It is at
http://www1.jewishgen.org/locmenu.htm  Uses Soundex, displays the
location of a map.  Great for the geneaologists.