From:
michaelcpage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2017 09:03:04 -0400
Also, check out LULC available via USGS.
Michael PageGeographer, Emory University

-------- Original message --------From: Kathy Stroud <[log in to unmask]> Date: 3/13/17  14:42  (GMT-05:00) To: [log in to unmask] Subject: Re: Advice on determining urban versus rural areas in Kenya

If your library has purchased access to Landscan data (http://www.eastview.com/online/landscan), you can
 get population density information (1 km resolution).  I’m thinking there might be a publicly available alternative,  but can’t locate it right now.

Kathy Stroud
David and Nancy Petrone Map/GIS Librarian Knight Library
1299 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1299
541-346-3051