From:
Liz Paulus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2019 23:16:56 +0000
Dear MAPS_L folks,

I don't get much chance to look at historical maps and atlases in my work these days, but was lucky to see a copy of the following be donated to our library today:

Andrees Handatlas - 1937 edition
https://dcc.newberry.org/items/andrees_handatlas-1937
https://www.worldcat.org/title/andrees-handatlas/oclc/5013083
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrees_Allgemeiner_Handatlas  (for the editions list)

I'm interested in finding out more about this German-language atlas, which by all accounts was the last of its kind and publisher, and contains content specific to the political time during the Nazi period. Do you know of any scholarly articles that talk about the history of this edition? I've looked around a bit, but found only larger volumes covering the history of German atlases (like Petermann's Planet - http://www.worldcat.org/oclc/53277245) Your suggestions for relevant reading are appreciated.

And, since our library is not an appropriate spot for this item, we will be selling it to raise funds for our nonprofit library.
Known anybody that would like this for their collection? Let me know directly, or keep an eye on our Amazon store at:

https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A2J9GWCWI18JAN&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER&redirect=true

Best wishes from Portland!

Liz Paulus
Web Services Librarian / Adult Services
Cedar Mill & Bethany Community Libraries
12505 NW Cornell Road  Suite 13
Portland, OR 97229
503.644.0043 x 131
library.cedarmill.org<https://library.cedarmill.org/>