From:
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1993 10:27:46 EDT
Serveral messages on the Quadrangle names topic.-------Johnnie

          Thu, 9 Sep 1993 16:12 MST
      DEBBIE LORDS  <[log in to unmask]>
(806E2800: 80AD02C630)
          Re: Quadrangle names

At University of Utah we do not distinguish scale in the subject field.
Our system has keyword capability so if a patron needs a specific size,
they can specify that in a keyword, rather than subject, search.  We
have also treated quads of the large series with the same call number and
that number often indicates the scale.  Interesting idea, though.  I can
see its value in certain types of cases.  I know someone who might find it
useful for her setting.  Thanks for posting the question!

Debra Lords
Marriott Library
University of Utah
Salt Lake City,  Utah  84112

      Thu, 09 Sep 1993 18:16:22 -0600 (MDT)
      [log in to unmask] (THOEN WILLIAM )
         Re: Quadrangle names

Jim,

If you would, please let me know what people say about cataloging quadragle
and their scales.  I curious too.

Thanks
- Bill Thoen