From:
Date:
Tue, 7 Oct 2003 13:15:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Rand McNally Commercial atlas of America 1916-1920]
Date: Mon, 06 Oct 2003 16:26:51 -0400
From: "Edward James Redmond" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
Ms. Cope:

An examination of our Rand McNally Commercial Atlases of America for
the years of 1916, 1917, 1918, and 1920 indicates that the map you
describe appeared in the 1919 edition.  The pagination and insets from
our 1919 edition match your description while the pagination and insets
for the other years consulted (1916, 1917, 1918 and 1920) do not match.

The bibliographic entry for this series:

LC Control Number: sf 83001083
Type of Material: Serial (Periodical, Newspaper, etc.)
Corporate Name: Rand McNally and Company.
Main Title: Rand McNally commercial atlas of America.
Published/Created: Chicago : Rand McNally, -1926.
-1926.
Current Frequency: Annual
Continues: Rand McNally & Co.'s commercial atlas of America (DLC)sn
87029667
Continued by: Rand McNally commercial atlas (DLC)sf 83001082
(OCoLC)9306475
Notes: Description based on: 1921.
Subjects: United States--Maps.
LC Classification: G1019 .R22
Other System No.: (OCoLC)ocm06553215
Geog. Area Code: n-us---
Serial Record Entry: Rand McNally and Company. Commercial atlas and
marketing guide.
Quality Code: lc
CALL NUMBER: G1019 .R22

Ed Redmond