From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Jun 2000 14:51:17 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2000 12:25:37 +0200 (MET DST)
From: Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: 22nd UDMS
Sender: Robert Laurini <[log in to unmask]>

UDMS 2000 : 22nd URBAN and REGIONAL DATA MANAGEMENT SYMPOSIUM

September 11-15, 2000 Congress Centre Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands

http://www.geo.tudelft.nl/GISt/UDMS2000/UDMS2000.htm
or http://www.udms.net

UDMS, the Urban Data Management Society, organises international symposia at various locations in
Europe in order to promote the development of information systems in local government. An important
aim of UDMS has been to provide a forum for people to discuss new approaches, to consider new
technologies and to share practical experiences in the field of urban data management.
Traditionally the focus has been on urban applications. However, regional and rural issues have
always been well represented at UDMS.

During the 21st Urban Data Management Symposium, held in Venice in 1999, it became clear that UDMS
should broaden its scope. To an increasing degree urban development has its effect on regional and
rural zones and vice versa. Especially in the densely populated parts of Europe cities, industry
and infrastructure need more and more space. The impact of this expansion on rural areas should be
studied and visualised using new spatial information technologies.
Therefore UDMS has decided to focus also on regional and rural aspects at the beginning of a new
century.

>From an economic point of view land becomes more and more scarce and therefore more and more
valuable. From the countries in Central Europe we learn how important it is to solve the land
market problems in order to establish a free market economy. Since 1996 UDMS has also paid
attention to developments in Central Europe. As membership of the European Union is now the main
aim of these countries, it becomes even more important to discuss these issues.

=====================

Preliminary Programme 22nd URBAN and REGIONAL DATA MANAGEMENT SYMPOSIUM
For more details: http://www.geo.tudelft.nl/GISt/UDMS2000/UDMS2000.htm

Board of UDMS:
* Massimo Rumor (President) Padua, Italy [log in to unmask]
* Robert Laurini (Vice-President) Lyon, France [log in to unmask]
* Jørgen Rasmussen (Treasurer) Odense, Denmark [log in to unmask]
* Ken Jones (Program Coordinator) Oslo, Norway [log in to unmask]
* Theo Bogaerts (Member) Delft, The Netherlands [log in to unmask]

--- End Forwarded Message ---