From:
Jessica Benner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Feb 2022 16:41:49 -0500
Hello!

Since there is some overlap between GIS and Architecture, I thought this
might be an ok place to share this job opportunity.

Jessica

*****

Carnegie Mellon University Libraries has posted several liaison positions
including a Liaison Librarian for Architecture. You can access the posting
at this link: https://apply.interfolio.com/102257

Please apply using Interfolio. Applications will be reviewed starting March
15th and will continue until the position is filled.

Description of the Position

Carnegie Mellon University Libraries invites applications from qualified
candidates for the faculty position of Liaison Librarian to the School of
Architecture (SoA). This role involves the provision of services to support
education and research in SoA, home to 37 faculty, and to 400 students
enrolled in two baccalaureate degree programs, and a number of highly
specialized masters’ and doctoral programs.The successful candidate will
provide reference support and coordinate research access in the
University's Architecture Archives.

More about the University Libraries: https://library.cmu.edu/

More about CMU School of Architecture: https://soa.cmu.edu/

Qualifications

Accredited degree in library and information science and/or a PhD or
advanced degree in architecture or a closely related field. Previous
experience in academic or architecture libraries or in architecture
research and education are highly desirable.

We invite you to apply if you have experience in one or more of the
following areas:

   -

   Architecture librarianship or information management
   -

   Architecture education, research, or professional practice
   -

   Research data management or digital curation, preferably in architecture
   or associated fields
   -

   Academic librarianship in a research-intensive university

Flexibility, excellence, and passion are vital qualities within the
University Libraries. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are
valued competencies at CMU. Therefore, we are in search of a team member
who is able to effectively interact with a varied population of internal
and external partners at a high level of integrity. We are looking for
someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the
university through their work.

We strongly encourage applications from members of groups that have been
marginalized and/or underrepresented in academic librarianship.

If you have any questions, feel free to reach out to the chair of the
committee [log in to unmask]

--

* Jessica G. Benner *
Library Liaison for Computer Science, Philosophy & GIS