From:
Terry Bacon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 17:36:09 EDT
At 4:40 pm 20/8/96, christopher winters is rumored to have typed:

> Thanks in part to suggestions made by several of you, we
> recently acquired Macromedia Freehand. It seems to work
> fine, but it does have one fairly fundamental problem: it
> cannot handle the .eps files produced by ArcView or the
> Sammamish software (although it _can_ deal with ArcView-
> produced Adobe Illustrator files). Apparently, these files
> need a bit of tweaking to make them interpretable by drawing
> programs. There is a Mac program called EpsConverter
> (capitalization uncertain) that evidently can accomplish
> this task. Does anyone know whether there is a similar
> program for PCs? Even if you don't know, I'd appreciate
> advice as to where I should be asking this question; there
> must be an appropriate list somewhere. (The Macromedia
> advice line was useless.)
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris Winters
> University of Chicago Library
>

> Internet:        [log in to unmask]

Chris

Try posting your request to

it's a list run by the Society of Cartographers here in the UK by working
mapmakers. I've seen similar posts recently, and although I cannot answer
your request directly I'm sure there are several people on the list who
would be glad to help.

Terry Bacon

Terry Bacon                                     Telephone (44)01392 263245
Cartographer                                    Fax       (44)01392 263342
Department of Geography                         e.mail    [log in to unmask]
University of Exeter, Devon, UK
http://www.ex.ac.uk/~tjbacon/terry/welcome.html   All standard disclaimers
apply