From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Apr 2000 16:43:52 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Sat, 22 Apr 2000 12:41:24 -0500
From: Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: re: USGS topo question
Sender: Charles Hickman <[log in to unmask]>

Beth,

Information about Primary Base Series (PBS) maps is online at
    http://www.fs.fed.us/gsc/products.htm
    and
    http://www.fs.fed.us/gsc/more_pbs.htm
These are U.S. Forest Service (USFS) and not Bureau of Land Management (BLM) maps.

Some information about BLM maps is online at
    http://store.ca.blm.gov/webc/webc.cgi/st_main.html

BLM and USFS do work together with geographic data
    http://www.blm.gov/nils/
but I haven't seen the phrase "primary base series" used for BLM maps.

        HTH ... Charley