AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Older archives are in /home/arclist/aged-l_through_2008.tar.gz Created 07/26/2001 List_Affiliation CAES Agricultural Education
Show Table of Contents

Ben Lastly
Fri, 28 Jun 2024 21:48:09 +0000
Ag teachers,

I hope that you are enjoying your summer. As you begin to think through your plans to go to the National FFA Convention in Indianapolis this October, I want to be sure that you're aware of housing opportunities. Each chapter is responsible for arranging their own lodging at the national convention. There is a national FFA housing block that opened back in May. There is also a state housing block that chapters in Georgia can use. Finally, chapters are welcome to make their own lodging arrangements outside of the national and state housing blocks.

[More ...]
No Replies
Hannah Elrick
Fri, 28 Jun 2024 09:22:39 -0400
Ag Teachers,

I hope that your summer has been somewhat restful and you've been able to
catch your breath from this past school year.

The time has come for us to announce the teachers that have been selected
to serve as mentors for our inaugural teacher mentor program! We had 56
teachers apply to serve as mentors for our program and as of right now,
there are 42 first-year (or somewhat new) teachers that have been assigned
a mentee. Obviously, that could potentially change between now and the
start of the school year, so if your name is not listed

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Thu, 27 Jun 2024 20:46:56 -0400
Hello GVATA members.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone at the GVATA summer conference.

This is a reminder that applications for GVATA President Elect and PRC
Co-Chair elect are due July 1.

Applications for each of these are attached.

Have a great Fourth of July!

See you in Athens.

Walt
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 27 Jun 2024 10:33:36 -0400
From: Joshua Daniel <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Jun 27, 2024 at 9:28 AM
Subject: MC Alumni Summer Sizzlin Goat show
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>, Carole H. Knight <[log in to unmask]

Good morning,

Can you please share the link and post the MC Summer Sizzlin Goat Show on
July 27th?

https://app.theshowportal.com/event/1CvirRUqG1biKotEqSjSkh

Thanks!

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdD

*Georgia Agricultural Education*

Curriculum & Technology Director

1420 Experiment Station Road

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 27 Jun 2024 09:11:42 -0400
From: Heather Kalino Shultz <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 25, 2024 at 10:55 PM
Subject: 2024 South Carolina Junior Beef Round-Up Registration Site
Available
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>, Carole H. Knight <[log in to unmask]

****Please provide this information to those who may be interested in
participating in the 2024 South Carolina Junior Beef Round-Up!****

We are excited to announce that the online registration site is available
to access for the *2024 South Carolina Junior Beef Round-Up* which is
scheduled for August 2-4 at the T. Ed. Garrison Arena. Complete entry
information and guidelines are available at The Show Portal:

[More ...]
No Replies
Lana Helms
Wed, 26 Jun 2024 15:03:37 -0400
Good Afternoon,

Just a quick reminder that the deadline to apply for all awards claims is *June
28, 2024, at 12 pm.*

Here is the link for your quick reference:
https://apply.mykaleidoscope.com/scholarships/GeorgiaFFAFoundationScholarshipAcceptance24

Thanks!
From: Gary Farmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 12:45 PM
Subject: Corrected Schedule
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

We are moving Beef show to the weekend before the fair.

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdD

*Georgia Agricultural Education*

Curriculum & Technology Director

1420 Experiment Station Road

Watkinsville, GA 30677

www.gaaged.org

706-244-8991 Cell

706-542-6366 Office

*Agricultural Education Mission*

"Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a
lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber and
natural resources systems."
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 19 Jun 2024 12:36:15 -0400

No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Tue, 18 Jun 2024 15:34:29 -0400
Good afternoon! Could you please add Beat The Heat to the GJSB calendar.
Show is July 20 with check in on July 19.
Here is the link to register/rules
[image: Showman_generic_og_image.png]

Online Livestock Show Management
<https://showman.app/shows#/beat-the-heat-hog-show-b065/>
showman.app <https://showman.app/shows#/beat-the-heat-hog-show-b065/>
<https://showman.app/shows#/beat-the-heat-hog-show-b065/>

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 14 Jun 2024 09:54:37 -0400
From: Todd Claxton <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, May 1, 2024 at 8:13 AM
Subject: 2024 Georgia Junior Beef Futurity
To: <[log in to unmask]>

June 27-29, 2024 Georgia Junior Beef Futurity
Georgia National Fairgrounds - Perry GA
Deadline - June 14, 2024
Todd Claxton - 912-253-3957 - [log in to unmask]
Carole Knight - 912-690-1727 - [log in to unmask]
Christa Steinkamp - 706-244-8991 - [log in to unmask]
https://app.theshowportal.com/2024-georgia-junior-beef-futurit
<https://app.theshowportal.com/2024-georgia-junior-beef-futurity>

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 15:22:43 +0000
If you have students who showed at the GJNLS in February, please read.

All,

We are going to start to re-process GJNLS premium checks from Feb. for those who have not received them. If your FFA chapter or 4H club has not received your checks, please reply to this email. Please make sure to include what FFA chapter or 4H county you are representing.

[More ...]
No Replies
Josh Allen
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 11:10:14 -0400
Stan Mitchell's Retirement Party
Please let us know if you will be attending. We need a rough number so we
can order enough food trucks and have enough tables available.
The event will be held Tuesday, July 9th at Southern Brewing Company
<https://www.sobrewco.com/> (231 Collins Ind Blvd, Athens, GA 30601) from
7-10 pm.
We will have food trucks available, live music, and a donation tree to
establish an FFA Camp Scholarship in Stan's name.
Also, if there's enough interest, we will contract with a shuttle service
to get you there and back safely.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 10 Jun 2024 09:44:14 -0400
Good morning,
My name is Kendrick L. Spencer, a doctoral candidate at Virginia
Polytechnic Institute and State University in the Department of
Agricultural, Leadership, and Community Education. Prior to this, I was an
agricultural science teacher in Texas for 7 years. I am currently
conducting research for my dissertation which explores agricultural science
teachers' beliefs related to their beliefs related to pedagogy, teaching
practices, community, and students’ needs. While this is a national survey,
it is important to get as many responses in each state as possible.
I would appreciate your input in this study. The more teachers who
participate

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 7 Jun 2024 17:20:18 -0400
The National Ag Ed Career Clusters are going through a revision. I am
attaching a document explaining the changes. This does not change the
National Ag Ed standards, yet, but it does propose major changes to all
CTAE areas. The major change suggestion to agricultural education is
separating Environmental & Natural Resources into a new cluster called
"Energy & Natural Resources"; as well as moving Forestry into Plant
Systems. I have questions about how these proposed changes would impact
our current agricultural education framework and how that would impact
courses, program areas, FFA CDEs, teacher certification, etc if they are

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 7 Jun 2024 16:58:50 -0400
From: Blake Segars <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 8:11 AM
Subject: Georgia National Fair Letter to 4-H/FFA Advisors (Updated)
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Kelley Owen <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning, Ms. Christa!

I have attached a letter from the GNFA Livestock Department to Georgia
4-H/FFA Advisors regarding important information about the Georgia National
Fair Livestock Show. Can you send this out on the Listserv?

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 6 Jun 2024 16:44:49 -0400
From: Blake Segars <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Jun 4, 2024 at 8:02 AM
Subject: Georgia National Fair Letter to 4-H/FFA Advisors
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Kelley Owen <[log in to unmask]>

Good morning, Ms. Christa!

I have attached a letter from the GNFA Livestock Department to Georgia
4-H/FFA Advisors regarding important information about the Georgia National
Fair Livestock Show. Can you send this out on the Listserv?

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 3 Jun 2024 15:26:01 -0400
*Correction: GNF entries are due August 31st! *

Be sure to click this link
<https://www.georgianationalfair.com/p/livestock/livestock-competitions>
for updated GNF Rulebook & entry website (available August 1st).

From: Kate W. Wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Jun 2, 2024 at 7:38 AM
Subject: Fwd: Red Clay Classic
To: <[log in to unmask]>

*From:* Mike Brown <[log in to unmask]>
*Date:* May 31, 2024 at 2:21:25 PM EDT
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* *Red Clay Classic*

We are going to have Georgia born and bred classes.
[image: image0.jpeg][image: image1.jpeg]

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdD

*Georgia Agricultural Education*

Curriculum & Technology Director

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 3 Jun 2024 10:04:00 -0400
From: National Association of Agricultural Educators <
Date: Wed, May 29, 2024 at 5:50 PM
Subject: NAAE #TeachAg Day Celebration Kit Applications are OPEN!
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Request your kit TODAY!
<https://hobvitcbb.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001s2zZuld_NvpjJsFscQRUTSPRhRaDpu6hhtSC-n8SU7Q5rK2CHt6nYXhyDjM89JdS_cr8qpZ8EvOP6yOxRSEdGxY5pvu2dpE09dx9tcVmXE3h4ZCwyp2QQ6VPgFnXOAFzHk6ublsPOz81bp64-VRIeA==&c=gWi4BxMX69WkTnuvCaN6cRxldgSG09EWNWuuJLtYtaT39ASpNhrP1A==&ch=478RwEFW8lxXWgspjdiuVXIEgEdoRV-oa_6YzHk5wh42Xhx9DKgvgw==>

Applications for National #TeachAg Day Celebration Kits Are OPEN!

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 31 May 2024 14:02:40 -0400
From: Jagger, Carla <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, May 31, 2024 at 9:25 AM
Subject: [USAGED-L] FREE e-textbook: Agricultural and Natural Resources
Communications
To: <[log in to unmask]>

*Agricultural and Natural Resources Communications (ANRCOMMUNICATIONS.ORG
<http://ANRCOMMUNICATIONS.ORG>)*

Packed with real-life illustrations and practical applications, *Agricultural
and Natural Resources Communications* helps you become a more effective
communicator.

Focusing specifically on skills-building and communication concepts,
*Agricultural
and Natural Resources Communications* helps you understand the broad
methods utilized in communication – writing, design and layout, video
production, social media creation, photography, media relations, policy
communication, public relations, and much, much more.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 29 May 2024 15:35:06 -0400
[...]

Tue, 28 May 2024 20:05:09 -0400

From: Jody Cravey <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 23, 2024 at 11:23 AM
Subject: Bar M Showpigs
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 23 May 2024 11:05:29 -0400

From: Alyssa Maxwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, May 22, 2024 at 2:41 PM
Subject: Position Opening
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 22 May 2024 11:33:19 -0400

From: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, May 21, 2024 at 12:34 PM
Subject: 2023-2024 Elementary Agricultural Education enrollment
To: <[log in to unmask]>

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 20 May 2024 16:48:13 -0400
Elbert County has two positions for high school agricultural education
teachers for the 2024-2025 school year. Please get in touch with Kim
Fuller for more information.

From: Jesika Holloway <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 16, 2024 at 12:52 PM
Subject: Ag Opening - Haralson County High School
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Teachers,

Haralson County is looking for a Horticulture/Animal Science teacher for
the 2024-2025 school year. We are on block schedule and are home to the 4
day work week (Tuesday-Friday). Facilities include a classroom, office, two
storage rooms, a large lab and a greenhouse that is 10 years old, but in
great condition. All who are interested can apply online at
haralson.k12.ga.us.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 16 May 2024 12:17:34 -0400
From: Lauren Goble <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 9, 2024 at 8:23 AM
Subject: FW: Grant Opportunity via Science for Georgia
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

This seems like a great opportunity for some of your FFA teachers!

*LAUREN GOBLE*

*Educational Programs Coordinator *

Office: 478.474.8411, ext. 5135

Cell: 478.456.2810

*GFB.AG/AITC <https://www.gfb.org/ag-in-the-classroom/about.cms>*
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 13 May 2024 12:07:48 -0400
From: Cody Jordan <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, May 13, 2024 at 10:35 AM
Subject: Fwd: Trailer pix
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Good Morning,
Will you share this to the Listeserve?

This bumper pull 8-pen livestock show trailer is like new and ready to go.
The add-ons include air conditioner, electrical outlets and on-board
battery to run lights when not plugged into vehicle or shore power. Werm
floor system works great and makes clean up a breeze. A new 2022 Exiss
Exhibitor 720 with these add-ons will cost over $50,000 with freight or
delivery. Serious inquiries only please.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Mon, 13 May 2024 10:42:10 -0400
Goodmorning Advisors,

We have *ONE* WLC bus trip spot that has come available. If you have a
student that would be interested in attending through local scholarship or
local fundraising, let me know!

Please email if you would like to claim this spot by emailing or calling me
at 706-988-2033!

Thank you,
No Replies
Logan Hunter
Mon, 13 May 2024 09:41:10 -0400
Good Morning, North Region Ag Teachers!

I need your HELP!!

*I am conducting a dissertation study about perceptions of benefits from
middle school agricultural education programs.*

If you could please take a few minutes to complete the survey below and
forward it to your administration and CTAE Directors it would be greatly
appreciated!
No Replies
Katrina Jones
Fri, 10 May 2024 20:06:16 -0400
Teachers,

The Foundation is raffling off a John Deere Gun Safe generously donated by
Lasseter Tractor Company. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at the
link below.
https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E349423&id=36

We would love for you to share on your personal and your chapter's Facebook
and Instagram pages. Here is a short link for those platforms:
https://bit.ly/4b4ZgSC

The drawing will be held July 16th, at 5:00 p.m.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Fri, 10 May 2024 14:14:37 +0000
All,

I know a lot of you are ready to order tags for sheep and goats, here is the current year ear tag order form. As you will notice, at some point this year, all tags besides dairy will be yellow (have to sell a few pink hog tags first). If you are confused about which tag is which species, please reach out.
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 10 May 2024 08:11:21 -0400
Lewis Farm Nursery is officially retiring and is selling one of its
greenhouses.
If you are interested, please reach out to Mr. Lewis directly.

Mr. Tim Lewis can be reached at (478) 954-1507 and [log in to unmask]

Lewis Farms is located in Elko, GA (South Houston County)

Here are the specs on the greenhouse pictured in the attachment above:

[More ...]
No Replies
Stacey Beacham
Thu, 9 May 2024 14:53:28 -0400
https://www.albrittonfuneral.com/obituaries/jim-waldrop-jr

It is with a sad heart that I inform you of the passing of Mr. Tommy
Waldrop. Tommy served as a Young Farmer Advisor in Ben Hill and served the
South Region as the Animal Science Area Teacher. He retired in 2019. He was
a big advocate for students and Ag Education. Please remember his family in
your prayers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Billy Hughes
Thu, 9 May 2024 12:27:25 -0400
All--

Today, the State Board of Education approved the recommendation to hire
Mrs. Kaitlyn Marchant as the new North Region Coordinator. Kaitlyn has
been an Agriculture Teacher for 12 years in two different school systems in
the North Region. She is a product of FFA and CTAE and has been a
successful teacher in the classroom. She will undoubtedly leverage all her
leadership skills and teaching experience to support and develop our
teachers.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Wed, 8 May 2024 15:03:55 -0400
FFA Advisors,

As the school year comes to a close and your 2024-2025 chapter officer
teams are being elected, I hope you will consider attending one of our two
Chapter Officer Leadership Training conferences. Attached to this email is
a memorandum containing all information related to dates, prices, and when
registration opens. Our July conference will have a unique opportunity to
go to Rigby's. However, the opportunity is dependent on the participation
we see through registration. Please read the document in its entirety. A
few key points are listed below.

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Andrew Thoron
Wed, 8 May 2024 15:05:46 +0000
Georgia Agricultural Education,

ABAC is holding commencement for the School of Agriculture and Natural Resources (SANR) on Thursday. This event will take place at 3pm. If you have former students that will be graduating, you may like to view the livestream at watch.abac.edu or the ABAC Facebook page.

Further, ABAC Department of Agricultural Education and Communication will hold their Ag Ed Pinning Ceremony at 5pm where we will recognize our 45 Ag Ed graduates. Those students completed student teaching (39) and 6 completed the Ag Studies track. You are invited to attend this event in-person (please see attached invitation). This

[More ...]
No Replies
Katrina Jones
Wed, 8 May 2024 09:55:49 -0400
Teachers,

The Foundation is raffling off a John Deere Gun Safe generously donated by
Lasseter Tractor Company. Tickets are $10 each and can be purchased at the
link below.
https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/weblink.aspx?name=E349423&id=36

We would love for you to share on your personal and your chapter's Facebook
and Instagram pages. Here is a short link for those platforms:
https://bit.ly/4b4ZgSC

The drawing will be held July 17th, at 5:00 p.m.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lana Helms
Wed, 8 May 2024 09:44:45 -0400
Good Morning Teachers!

We will use the Kaleidoscope system again this year for all award claims.
The website provides the sponsor name(s) and address(es) for thank-you
notes and allows students and advisors to provide their address information
and upload a copy of their thank-you notes. This information is accessible
to the Foundation, and checks will be mailed out after the process is
completed. *The deadline to apply for all awards claims is June 28, 2024,
at 12 pm*. I am also attaching a PDF of all awards programs, their sponsors
with addresses, and the amount of money that each award

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 8 May 2024 09:15:55 -0400
Please contact Mr. Carruth if you have any questions regarding these
positions.

From: Sydney Page <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, May 6, 2024 at 4:26 PM
Subject: Long Term Sub Needed
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Will you please share this with the listserv?
Thank you!

I am looking for a long term substitute next school year from September
26th through December 9th, 2024 as I will be out on maternity leave. If you
are interested please contact: [log in to unmask]

[More ...]
No Replies
Billy Hughes
Mon, 6 May 2024 22:19:45 -0400
Whether you are in the classroom, support staff, Foundation staff, camp
personnel, or whatever your title, if you are receiving this email you are
a TEACHER of students in Georgia. Because of what you do each and every
day for STUDENTS, you are a professional in the art of teaching.

Thank you for what you do and mean for the 81,000 students you touch.
After 35 years in education, and living in the same community I taught
students, I see the impact we have on students. My health care and dental
care people are all former students. I am grateful

[More ...]
No Replies
Stan Mitchell
Mon, 6 May 2024 15:24:11 -0400
Teachers,

Central of Carroll High School in Carroll County has asked that I send out
a position announcement for an opening in the 24-25 school year.

Central of Carroll is a two teacher program with a very strong FFA Chapter
and excellent system support.

Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like further information
or have any questions.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 6 May 2024 14:56:07 -0400
available at www.oleoranchcattle.com

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrew Thoron
Mon, 6 May 2024 18:22:06 +0000
Colleagues,

It is with the greatest pleasure to share the promotion and tenure of Dr. Farish Mulkey to Associate Professor with tenure effective August 1, 2024. Today, Dr. Mulkey was hand delivered his letter from our Dean as he acknowledged Dr. Mulkey's hard work in preparing the next generation of Georgia Agriculture teachers. Farish is an integral part of our teacher preparation program at ABAC in the Department of Agricultural Education and Communication, and has been since he started with us in January of 2019. As many of you know, prior to coming to ABAC, Dr. Mulkey spent 31.5 years

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Mon, 6 May 2024 12:52:17 +0000
Ag Teachers,

If your chapter has proficiency award, Agriscience Fair, and/or National Chapter Award application that is moving on for national judging this summer, please read this information carefully.

Resubmission Due Date
The due date to resubmit your national bound applications is Thursday, June 20.

Resubmission Process
To submit your application(s) for national judging, please follow these steps AFTER you and your students have finalized all revisions and generated a new (final) version of the application.

[More ...]
No Replies
Chris Corzine
Sun, 5 May 2024 16:45:38 -0400
From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, May 2, 2024 at 12:29 PM
Subject: Colquitt Christian Academy Position
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Mrs. Steinkamp,

Would you please share this to list serve?

Thank you,

Leana Atkinson

Colquitt Christian Academy is looking for an Agriculture teacher/ FFA
advisor for grades 4th- 9th. The school is in its second year with a
certified Ag teacher. The position is currently for part time; however, if
you are willing to teach math or science also then it could be full time.
The school has several raised beds, a chicken coop with chickens,

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Sell
Fri, 3 May 2024 09:29:32 -0400
*Congrats, you have made it through the State FFA Convention, and we are
entering the short rows of the school year! Looking towards summer, Chapter
Leadership Officer Training is where many of us guide our officers through
planning the Program of Activities for the upcoming year. If your chapter
is looking for some new ideas or needs some help in the planning process,
check out the National Chapter Program of Activities (POA) guide below.
SHOUT OUT TO GEORGIA'S COMMERCE MIDDLE FFA FOR BEING SPOTLIGHTED ON THE
COVER!*

[More ...]
No Replies
GVATA President
Fri, 3 May 2024 09:27:07 -0400
Fellow GVATA members,

I hope each of you have had a great year so far. It is hard to believe this
year has gone by so rapidly. As such, we need to start planning for the
next school year and we need to elect a new GVATA President-elect and a new
PRC Co-chair.

We appreciate everything Daryl Baxley, Travis Hyman and the PRC committee
have done to advocate for Georgia Agriculture teachers, but Daryl's term as
PRC Co-chair is coming to an end. At this summer's GVATA Summer Conference
we will elect a new PRC Co-chair to serve alongside Travis.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 3 May 2024 09:05:57 -0400
From: Wilson, Kristin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Apr 30, 2024 at 8:01 AM
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Will you please share on the listserv?

Thanks!

--

Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdS

*Georgia Agricultural Education*

Curriculum & Technology Director

1420 Experiment Station Road

Watkinsville, GA 30677

www.gaaged.org

706-244-8991 Cell

706-542-6366 Office

*Agricultural Education Mission*

"Agricultural education prepares students for successful careers and a
lifetime of informed choices in the global agriculture, food, fiber and
natural resources systems."
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 2 May 2024 11:12:30 -0400
From: Chaney W. Mosley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 4:36 PM
Subject: [USAGED-L] Middle School AgXplore BriefCASE: Registration Cost
Covered, Stipend, Supplies, and Travel Expense Reimbursement Provided
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Middle Tennessee State University will be hosting two *AgXplore
BriefCASEs* this
summer on campus. The first AgXplore workshop will be held *June 13-14,
2024* and the second will be held *July 10-11, 2024*.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 14:02:10 +0000
Ag Teachers,

REMINDER - American Degree applications are due May 15. If you have students who have graduated from your program and have maintained their Supervised Agricultural Experience programs, please encourage them to apply. A student has three calendar years after they graduate from high school to be eligible to apply for the American Degree. Example: a 2022 high school graduate is eligible to apply for the American Degree in 2023, 2024 or 2025.

[More ...]
No Replies
Logan Hunter
Tue, 30 Apr 2024 09:43:13 -0400
Good Morning, North Region Ag Teachers!

*I am conducting a dissertation study about perceptions of benefits from
middle school agricultural education programs.*

If you could please take a few minutes to complete the survey below and
forward it to your administration and CTAE Directors it would be greatly
appreciated!
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 20:42:08 +0000
Ag Teachers,

Thank you for bringing your students to the 96th Georgia FFA Convention last week in Macon. Attendance was wonderful and the event ran smoothly. I appreciate all that you did to get your students to Macon and ensure that they had a positive experience. This email provides an opportunity for you to offer your feedback on the convention and includes the date for the 97th Georgia FFA Convention in 2025.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 13:46:10 -0400
From: Dennis Kendrick <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2024 at 11:19 AM
Subject: Southeast Elite Club Lamb Sale
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Sale is Saturday May 4, 2024

** NEW LOCATION**
Upson-Lee Agriculture Facility
268 Knight Trail
Thomaston, GA 30286

Facility Hosted by Upson-Lee FFA

40-50 head of ewes and wether lambs for sale from both GA and out-of-state
breeders.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:25:15 -0400
Everyone,

Kevin Jump and I want to thank the site supervisors, teachers, chaperones,
and FFA members involved in the VERY successful two days of community
service during the 96th State FFA Convention this year. Everyone
worked hard and seemed to have a great time fulfilling the "Living to
Serve" part of the FFA Motto last Wednesday and Thursday. Homeowners and
site supervisors alike had nothing but positive comments about the
students', teachers', and chaperones' efforts and results.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lana Helms
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 11:24:53 -0400
Good Morning!

We had one Bagwell WLC Recipient and one Growing America's Farmers
Scholarship Recipient not receive their plaque during the State Convention.
If one of these belongs to your student, please let me know so I can get
them delivered.

Thanks!
No Replies
Clair Jordan
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 08:45:51 -0400
*2024 Georgia FFA-FCCLA Center Adopt-A-Summer-Staff Program *

Last year, our Adopt-A-Summer-Staff Program went so well that we have
decided to bring it back!

For those unfamiliar with the program, we assign one of our summer staff to
someone who is volunteering to “adopt” them for the summer. The adopter
will send in three separate care packages throughout the summer to help
encourage and support their adoptee.

[More ...]
No Replies
Katrina Jones
Mon, 29 Apr 2024 07:46:49 -0400
Good morning teachers! I hope everyone had a great convention last week!

We will be using the Kaleidoscope system again this year for awards money
for your chapters and students. The link will not be available until next
week after Kaleidoscope uploads the winners from the competitions held
during the convention last week.

We had hoped to make the system easier by using chapter names and student
last names to claim awards money. Unfortunately, the cost to do that was a
significant increase so the system will be the same as last year. We plan
to send step by step

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 25 Apr 2024 11:40:57 -0400
Good morning!

We look forward to seeing you and your students today in the Monument Room.
We will have these signs posted around the room, but we wanted to send a
PDF to help you find the spots for your students. Please note—we had to
make some minor changes to times this week. We try to accommodate each
student's schedules who are competing or going across the stage.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 24 Apr 2024 08:46:35 -0400
From: Josh Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, Mar 28, 2024 at 8:00 AM
Subject: GGIA Junior GCPP Testing (4-26-24) Registration Is Now Open
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Georgia FFA and the Georgia Green Industry Association will hold Junior
Georgia Certified Plant Professional testing at the Georgia State FFA
Convention in Macon on Friday April 26th, 2024 at 9:00 am.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Mon, 22 Apr 2024 12:47:22 -0400
Teachers,

I was just contacted by Yancey Brothers in Macon, GA and they have offered
to provide a tour of their facility to teachers and students this week
while you are in Macon.

Please make sure your tour time will not interfere with any of your state
FFA convention activities (including your Living to Serve activities).

[More ...]
No Replies
Executive Secretary
Sun, 21 Apr 2024 19:29:25 -0400
Hello Teachers,

Registration for the 2024 GVATA Summer Conference is now open. The
conference will take place at the Classic Center on July 14 – 17th in
Athens, GA. Below is important information concerning the upcoming
conference. All of these details can also be found on the GVATA Conference
webpage <https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=141>.

Regpack Online Registration System

GVATA will be using the Regpack online system for conference registration
and for the collection of dues and fees. You will need to create a new
account for the upcoming year. If you are using your email address from
last year, the system will automatically

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 17:28:52 -0400
*Attention: Teachers with students entered in the State Agriscience Fair. *

I've attached the tentative interview schedule for you to look over. We
will have labels on the tables when you arrive to set up. We have tried to
accommodate requests for schedule conflicts for teachers who have emailed
or called about conflicts. Please let us know if you have a conflict with
your student's assigned interview times so we can make plans now. Please
get in touch with us with any questions. We had a long list of students
with conflicts this year. I did my very best to

[More ...]
No Replies
Billy Hughes
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 13:00:19 -0400
Over the last 14 months, the state staff has been working with our web
developer to make the Georgia AgEd website more accessible, functional, and
user friendly. We also wanted to modernize the look of the web pages and
have an “app” developed. However, as you have been able to tell, we have
not had tremendous success with that. Christa, Martin, and the Region
Coordinators have done their part, but they are not web developers and are
at the mercy of the one who controls the “back” pages of the service. Over
the next two and a half months the

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Sell
Fri, 19 Apr 2024 09:34:05 -0400
*Do you have a student interested in a career in agricultural
communications or working towards completing an agricultural communications
proficiency application? If so, have them check out this brand-new
opportunity from National FFA!*

*A New Way to Share Your State and Chapter Stories*
Do you know an FFA member who loves sharing stories and celebrating
achievements within the FFA community? This spring, help them amplify their
voice as an FFA in the USA Reporter! Open to chapter and state reporters or
any FFA member who wants to learn how to better tell and promote their
local stories, this new opportunity

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 10:29:17 -0400
Marketing Plan Teams!

Below you will find a list of schools that registered and submitted a
Marketing Plan Proposal. On Monday you will receive an email with contest
details which will include your scheduled presentation time and room. There
will be two presentation rooms for prelims and there will be a final
round at approximately 5:00pm on Wednesday after prelims.
The top 3 teams will be invited to cross the stage for the announcement of
the final 3 placings.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 08:58:05 -0400
Teachers!

Jordan Rowe, country music songwriter and performer is excited to
announce the finalist to his first "SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL FARMER SCHOLARSHIP".

The winner will be announced at the FFA State Convention Jordan Rowe
Concert Friday night. Must be present to accept the scholarship.

Finalist are:
Andrew Carnley
Amelia Housley
Kenna Corbett
Art Rowland
Jacob Orr

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Thu, 18 Apr 2024 00:25:12 +0000
Ag Teachers,

A few state FFA convention reminders before next week.

Coliseum Policy
Attached is a one-pager that explains a few policies about entering the arena at the Centreplex. Expect a very similar experience to the past few years. We have asked the building to have more people working and more check points open, but people entering the arena will be checked before entering. Please have your attendees be aware of the clear bag policy. Also, this year rather than providing convention buttons for all attendees, we are providing a hanging badge on a lanyard. I'm hoping that will help

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Sell
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 14:53:06 -0400
Good afternoon! Shop FFA has added a new women's blouse (tunic, no collar)
to their Polos/Shirt collection. It is only available for a limited time,
but if it does well, ShopFFA will work on adding additional, similar
options. Ladies- you may be interested in adding it to your advisor
wardrobe and offering it to your female officers as an option for casual
officer wear.

[More ...]
No Replies
Sallie McHugh
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 18:30:51 +0000
Please encourage your senior students planning to attend ABAC, majoring in Ag Ed, to drop by our booth for a Teach Ag signing event. Join us for the photo as well!

We look forward to seeing you in Macon next week!

[cid:8537ba94-3dd8-4640-a351-47924bc324c8]

Sallie K. McHugh

Associate Professor

Ag Education

Office 229-391-4798

[cid:d0b3fe0d-4c88-4e56-a994-a48084fa971b]

[cid:b0f89365-5d50-49ba-952b-0a13615599a1]<https:[log in to unmask]&ep=bwmEmailSignature> Book time to meet with me<https:[log in to unmask]&ep=bwmEmailSignature>
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 17 Apr 2024 11:38:05 -0400
From: GPB Education <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Apr 17, 2024 at 7:02 AM
Subject: 🌳 COMING MAY 7: Georgia's Forests Live Exploration
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Register NOW! 🌲
<https://klv6wpjab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001XPQBTvCQnAC1hlxCNQD_9Prgkav_swRmjxQQpvkCDg1PXd9oTT-7B3iv27REf89vHR4dMsfijt3jgTZTuw2JD8m54DZjFr7S8H6lDLVXJ9OHSQl_z3Gd3C8I0pJNHsyY6mknMyOtAAcCtAg2J-nnt505Zt4Rm1--XODxyZtio4zXMDwV5CqM0XuZ7bQP6xbOJADXLaoO5_S_vMjpAcu2e_k1skBF0VXCTbQEw-5LHSxqQpfb-JVoqSHjtd7nLXeG-_J56So3G22jsOQ9eN28pPsPN_qxyBXLKNw_7aBYM80=&c=VrByU87jzOlyLPhQiysfDeArc6II7LGc8drcLM6_1AtL1pQXghsMNA==&ch=p6qOpBISzIxRJYmfLKMcZ1vrO5bs0JpkVA755dXYeyQWt2HcSbuUjA==>

GEORGIA'S FORESTS
<https://klv6wpjab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001XPQBTvCQnAC1hlxCNQD_9Prgkav_swRmjxQQpvkCDg1PXd9oTT-7B3iv27REf89vHR4dMsfijt3jgTZTuw2JD8m54DZjFr7S8H6lDLVXJ9OHSQl_z3Gd3C8I0pJNHsyY6mknMyOtAAcCtAg2J-nnt505Zt4Rm1--XODxyZtio4zXMDwV5CqM0XuZ7bQP6xbOJADXLaoO5_S_vMjpAcu2e_k1skBF0VXCTbQEw-5LHSxqQpfb-JVoqSHjtd7nLXeG-_J56So3G22jsOQ9eN28pPsPN_qxyBXLKNw_7aBYM80=&c=VrByU87jzOlyLPhQiysfDeArc6II7LGc8drcLM6_1AtL1pQXghsMNA==&ch=p6qOpBISzIxRJYmfLKMcZ1vrO5bs0JpkVA755dXYeyQWt2HcSbuUjA==>

LIVE EXPLORATION
<https://klv6wpjab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001XPQBTvCQnAC1hlxCNQD_9Prgkav_swRmjxQQpvkCDg1PXd9oTT-7B3iv27REf89vHR4dMsfijt3jgTZTuw2JD8m54DZjFr7S8H6lDLVXJ9OHSQl_z3Gd3C8I0pJNHsyY6mknMyOtAAcCtAg2J-nnt505Zt4Rm1--XODxyZtio4zXMDwV5CqM0XuZ7bQP6xbOJADXLaoO5_S_vMjpAcu2e_k1skBF0VXCTbQEw-5LHSxqQpfb-JVoqSHjtd7nLXeG-_J56So3G22jsOQ9eN28pPsPN_qxyBXLKNw_7aBYM80=&c=VrByU87jzOlyLPhQiysfDeArc6II7LGc8drcLM6_1AtL1pQXghsMNA==&ch=p6qOpBISzIxRJYmfLKMcZ1vrO5bs0JpkVA755dXYeyQWt2HcSbuUjA==>

Tuesday, May 7, 10-10:30 AM
<https://klv6wpjab.cc.rs6.net/tn.jsp?f=001XPQBTvCQnAC1hlxCNQD_9Prgkav_swRmjxQQpvkCDg1PXd9oTT-7B3iv27REf89vHR4dMsfijt3jgTZTuw2JD8m54DZjFr7S8H6lDLVXJ9OHSQl_z3Gd3C8I0pJNHsyY6mknMyOtAAcCtAg2J-nnt505Zt4Rm1--XODxyZtio4zXMDwV5CqM0XuZ7bQP6xbOJADXLaoO5_S_vMjpAcu2e_k1skBF0VXCTbQEw-5LHSxqQpfb-JVoqSHjtd7nLXeG-_J56So3G22jsOQ9eN28pPsPN_qxyBXLKNw_7aBYM80=&c=VrByU87jzOlyLPhQiysfDeArc6II7LGc8drcLM6_1AtL1pQXghsMNA==&ch=p6qOpBISzIxRJYmfLKMcZ1vrO5bs0JpkVA755dXYeyQWt2HcSbuUjA==>

In partnership with Georgia Forestry Foundation, GPB Education will be live
streaming from The Jones Center at Ichauway in Newton, Georgia, on May 7th
at 10 am ET.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 16 Apr 2024 21:27:58 +0000
Ag Teachers

There are three entertainment opportunities that I am excited to remind you about during next week's state FFA convention.

State Convention Concert (sponsored by UGA College of Agriculture & Environmental Sciences)
Artist - Jordan Rowe
Centreplex Ex Hall (Macon)
Friday - April 26 (doors at 8:30 p.m., concert at 9:00 p.m.)
Tickets - $15
Pre-order tickets are closed, but tickets will be available onsite.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 23:50:28 +0000
Ag Teachers,

The 96th Georgia FFA Convention is less than two weeks away. I am looking forward to seeing more that 6,000 FFA members, advisors and guests in Macon. A big part of the state convention is the on-stage recognition of students and chapters. Attached are lists of who we are planning to recognize on stage during each session of the state FFA convention. Please double check these lists carefully, and have your students prepared to go across stage. The attached lists are for sessions 1, 3, 4, 5 & 6. Session 2 is the state degree ceremony. Also attached

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 15 Apr 2024 15:12:18 -0400
From: Taylor Casper <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Apr 15, 2024 at 9:30 AM
Subject: WBHS FFA Trail Ride
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

*WBHS FFA is so excited to Ride into Summer with our FIRST ever trail ride.
If you are interested in joining us at the trail ride, please fill out the
linked form. Upon completion of the form, complete the attached waiver and
provide it upon entry of the farm. This waiver is REQUIRED to participate
or enter the premises.*
*This event is bring your own horse, all horses must be valid for all
pertinent vaccinations (Coggins). Parking

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 15:01:50 -0400
Thank you,
Melissa Riley

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Abigail Zerwig <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: April 12, 2024 at 2:19:04 PM EDT
> To: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Job Availability
>

> Hey Mrs. Riley,
>
> Will you please post this job opportunity to the list serve and let anyone know to feel free to reach out to me about the job?
>
> https://jasperk12.mysmarthire.com/jobs/7481-1118.html?fbclid=IwAR1GGkOhaqSyDQVZrMyD3gi-bsFxM_y3KalfCyV2_eUugpd2c_Aoh26tZ5Q_aem_AZ4xIcyGj4pmSRw7R57fIGY-MRJ3yhJmspOiHVC-cchSUUCuZELihHc3tuvMhlO1KJz_R68DlVVzkIAoGND5zdSF
>

> --
> Thanks,
> Abigail Zerwig
> JCMS Agriculture Teacher

No Replies
Ruby McCracken
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:37:31 -0400
Hello fellow teachers,

I have needed to add an additional aspect to my capstone project that
includes questions that can be answered in about 1 minute. If you would
please click on the link below and answer a few short yes or no questions
about AgriScience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Survey of Middle School AgriScience <https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8XNZ5VX>

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Sell
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 13:40:23 -0400
*OVER 90% OF THE GRANT APPLICATIONS ARE FUNDED!!! *

*One Month Left to Apply! Grants for Growing Program*
Grants for Growing (G4G) is a competitive program for middle and high
school FFA chapters developing and improving student project-based or
experiential learning opportunities. FFA chapters may apply for up to
$5,000 through the G4G program, sponsored by Tractor Supply. For more
information and to apply, visit the webpage
<https://nationalffaorganization.lt.acemlnb.com/Prod/link-tracker?redirectUrl=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZmZhLm9yZyUyRmdyYW50cy1mb3ItZ3Jvd2luZyUyRiUzRnV0bV9zb3VyY2UlM0RBY3RpdmVDYW1wYWlnbiUyNnV0bV9tZWRpdW0lM0RlbWFpbCUyNnV0bV9jb250ZW50JTNEWW91ciUyNTIwU3RhZ2UlMjUyMElzJTI1MjBTZXQtJTI1MjBKb2luJTI1MjB0aGUlMjUyMDIwMjQlMjUyMEZGQSUyNTIwQmFuZCUyNTJDJTI1MjBDaG9ydXMlMjUyMGFuZCUyNTIwVGFsZW50JTI1MjElMjZ1dG1fY2FtcGFpZ24lM0RDRU8lMjUyMFdlZWtseSUyNTIwLSUyNTIwMDQtMTItMjAyNA==&sig=2qT9dEw6QP77vaqavGr2s8D8oQEwGiW9MHSfQ9WRGXCA&iat=1712936640&a=%7C%7C609904086%7C%7C&account=nationalffaorganization%2Eactivehosted%2Ecom&email=A0EobC2w6xtahwYodyybHHF3D1MiGxkZkkEsaKF2LSS%2FFIECRgVA%3AVio43R4NxA64ZJ774fjtkoJTfJ8yl%2FZD&s=f6a839338ce9f97d45e61a9f547a3f93&i=2441A3373A3A31212>.
The application closes on Wednesday, May 15.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 14:32:14 +0000
Teachers,

Please see the attached flyer for an awesome new program that Jason Duggin has been working on. Let me know if you have any questions
No Replies
Hannah Elrick
Fri, 12 Apr 2024 09:09:35 -0400
Good morning and Happy Friday,

Attached you'll find the most current registration for state convention.
Please double check and make sure that I have everything correct for you so
that I can begin building chapter packets and make registration as quick
and efficient as possible once we are all in Macon.

*If you have any changes between now and then, they'll need to be made
on-site.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 23:53:16 +0000
Ag Teachers,

After reviewing the top National FFA Week applications from each Region, I am excited to announce that the following chapters are our three state finalists.

(in alphabetical order)
* Haralson County
* Jefferson City
* Peach County

These three chapters will be recognized on stage during the 4th general session of the State Convention at 3 p.m. on Friday, April 26. The final placings will be announced live on stage.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 11 Apr 2024 18:47:15 -0400
Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdS

From: Katherine Huberty <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Apr 10, 2024 at 10:53 AM
Subject: Long Term Sub
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Good Morning, Mrs. Steinkamp!

Would you mind forwarding the following message about a long term sub
position over the List Serv, please?

*________________*_____________________________

Good Morning!

We are looking for a long-term sub for the beginning of next school year
while I am out on maternity leave at the Barrow Arts & Sciences Academy in
Winder, GA. This will be through the month of August and end after the
labor day weekend. My classes will be Basic Agriculture (and

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:55:02 -0400
Summer management of the school garden can be a challenge for educators and
school gardeners. UGA Extension and Center for Urban Ag has created a
publication that presents several possible strategies for handling the
garden so that teachers and administrations return to school in the fall
with a garden ready for use.

Summer Management Strategies for School Gardens
<https://streaklinks.com/B7GKqs86urK8J4jg2w4y7anT/https%3A%2F%2Fsecure.caes.uga.edu%2Fextension%2Fpublications%2Ffiles%2Fpdf%2FC%25201298_1.PDF>

[More ...]
No Replies
Melissa Riley
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 14:48:27 -0400
The National Agriculture in the Classroom Organization (NAITCO), with
funding from USDA-NIFA, is pleased to provide a grant opportunity to
provide pre-K to 12th grade general education teachers access to resources
and materials to increase the ag literacy efforts within their classrooms.

This year's grant will provide up to $500 to purchase materials and
resources to supplement the ag literacy education efforts within preK-12th
grade classrooms. For the purpose of incorporating agriculture into their
core content areas, grant funds may be used to purchase resources and
materials, including ag-accurate books, from one, or both, of the following
sources:
More Information

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Wed, 10 Apr 2024 08:58:52 -0400
Teachers,

We only have *4 student spots* left for the Washington Leadership
Conference. If your chapter plans to send someone on a local scholarship
(Alumni, Young Farmers,or by personal fundraising) and you have not reached
out and notified me, do so ASAP.

Call with any questions or concerns (706-988-2033).

Thank You,
No Replies
Kent Benson
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 09:39:58 -0400
Horse Teams,

Congratulations to all the Horse Judging teams that competed last Friday.
Thank you to the Georgia Quarter Horse Association for co-hosting the
contest. Also, thank you to all the equestrians and reason takers.

Sr. Teams:
State Champions - Denmark
Reserve State Champions - Coffee County High School
3rd Place - Central of Carroll

Sr. Individuals:
1st Place - Allie Whitmer - Denmark
2nd Place - Anna Grabinski - Denmark
3rd Place - Katie Anderson - Winder-Barrow

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Tue, 9 Apr 2024 07:18:25 -0400
Teachers,

Thank you to all the FFA Chapters that have registered for the Living to
Serve opportunities at the 96th Georgia FFA State Convention occurring in
two weeks. Mr. Jump and I have secured numerous service opportunities that
will allow Georgia FFA members to make a positive impact upon the lives of
Macon residents.

Over 900 students and adults representing almost 60 chapters have signed up
so far. (List attached)

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 8 Apr 2024 18:58:46 -0400
From: Veronica Owens <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Mar 29, 2024 at 10:31 AM
Subject: Alcorn Scholarship Available to GA Students!!!!
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Mrs. Steinkamp, Would you share this on the Agriculture Education Listserv?

*Hello GA AG Ed, I wanted to inform you about a scholarship opportunity at
Alcorn State University! Dr. Wakefield has been in contact with the GA AG
Ed State Staff regarding this. Please take a moment to pass on this
information to any interested students. I think this is a fantastic
opportunity! *

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:46:03 +0000
Ag Teachers

The online event registration for the State FFA Convention will close at 8:30 a.m. on Monday, April 1. (This is no joke!)

If your chapter has not yet completed your chapter registration for the state convention, please do that while the event is still open. You will need to be prepared to list how many students, advisors, chaperones and administrators are attending from your chapter. You will NOT be expected to list names. You will also need to list how many concert tickets your chapter wants to purchase.

[More ...]
No Replies
Stan Mitchell
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 10:12:00 -0400
Teachers,

Please see the position announcement below regarding a position at Franklin
County High School. Feel free to contact me if you would like additional
information.
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 29 Mar 2024 09:10:09 -0400
From: Billy Hughes <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 27, 2024 at 1:39 PM
Subject: Biosecurity for Livestock Producers class
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Saxon, Jenna <[log in to unmask]>

Christa,

This is a class our teachers can attend on Livestock Biosecurity through
the Georgia Department of Agriculture. Dr. Hennebelle gave this
information out at a meeting this past Monday.

[More ...]
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 27 Mar 2024 10:43:46 -0400
Teachers,

Thank you to all the FFA Chapters that have registered for the Living to
Serve opportunities at the 96th Georgia FFA State Convention in April,

Almost 700 students and adults representing over 40 chapters have signed up
so far. (List attached)

The registration link is below and the deadline to register is April 10.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 17:03:00 -0400
Good Afternoon Advisors,

I know you and your students are excited to learn the names of those who
are receiving a WLC scholarship. We will announce it through email on April
4th. This means that the April 3rd due date of turning in bus registration
forms and deposits is now being pushed back to *April 10th.*

[More ...]
No Replies
Hannah Elrick
Tue, 26 Mar 2024 11:27:04 -0400
Good morning Ag Teachers,

I'm excited to announce the students that have been selected to participate
in the Teach Ag Workshop. We had 66 students register for the workshop and
after going through the application process, the committee has selected 46
students to participate! I can't thank you enough for promoting this event
to your students and encouraging them to submit their applications.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Mon, 25 Mar 2024 12:20:03 +0000
Ag Teachers

The state FFA Poultry Evaluation CDE was held this past Friday in Athens at the UGA Poultry Research Farm. The results were announced, and banners awarded on Friday afternoon. The attached document shows the scoring summaries for the Senior and Junior divisions of the CDE.

Thank you to the University of Georgia Poultry Science department for their work in conducting not only the state Poultry Evaluation CDE, but all of the Area events as well. The faculty and staff of the UGA Poultry Science department are great partners and gracious hosts. I appreciate them traveling the state to

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 14:29:46 -0400
Marketing Plan Teams!

First Call for all Marketing Plan Teams. Registration is now open. Deadline
to register your team is April 12th, at 11:00 PM
The contest will be held on Wednesday April 24th, 1:00 PM, at the Marriott
Hotel in Macon. Rooms will be determined and details will be sent out to
you.
The Marketing Plan Proposal is due April 12th. Six copies are needed if you
plan to mail them or hand deliver. You can email them to me, but
remember they do not look as good when I print them off.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kent Benson
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 13:41:14 -0400
*TEACHERS and FFA Members!!*

A *SCHOLARSHIP* is being offered by country music artist Jordan Rowe at
this year's State FFA Convention! Learn more by clicking on the video below
and see the attached application.

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell

Sent from my iPhone
No Replies
Kent Benson
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 13:38:26 -0400
Teachers with Horse Teams,

Don't forget to get your Horse Teams registered!! The Contest is Friday *APRIL
5th *in Conyers at the International Horse Park??

Contest information will come out next week.

Kent Benson
Georgia Agricultural Education
North Region Animal Science Area Teacher
706-552-4463 Office
530-574-3687 Cell
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Fri, 22 Mar 2024 15:31:48 +0000
Ag Teachers,

The 2024 National Chapter Award application judging will be done online next week. If you are interested in assisting with the NCA application scoring process, please use the link below to sign up.

The judging process will open next week, and judges will have until Wednesday, April 3, to compete the application assigned to them. This is a great opportunity to learn more about the NCA applications and scoring rubric. It will also be great to have agricultural education teachers be the ones scoring the applications, because you know how good FFA chapters should be operating. If you

[More ...]
No Replies
Clair Jordan
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 08:00:00 -0400
Good morning!

*Leaders-In-Training Applications are open!*

If you have a student who is not eligible for Summer Staff yet but would
still like to come and serve, the LIT program is right for them! They will
get to volunteer for a week at camp and experience the behind-the-scenes of
Summer Leadership Camp and our Summer Staff program!

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 15:35:59 +0000
Ag Teachers,

Do you know a high school student interested in animal and dairy science, animal bioscience or regenerative bioscience? Encourage them to schedule a Rhodes Center tour during their spring break! From April 1-5, when many high schools are on spring break, we're offering daily tours!

Register by using the QR code or by visiting bit.ly/43uDS6o<https://bit.ly/43uDS6o>
No Replies
Eric D Rubenstein
Wed, 20 Mar 2024 15:10:19 +0000
Just a quick reminder about this survey request. Thank you to everyone who has already completed the survey!

Good morning,

My name is Taylor Bird, a PhD student at the University of Georgia studying Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication. As a reminder, you are being invited to take part in a research study analyzing what factors play a role in an agriculture teacher’s decision to pursue or abstain from certification in the Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE). The principal investigator in this study is Dr. Eric Rubenstein at the University of Georgia. We hope to develop insight into the

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 15:08:32 -0400
Please see the attached updated report for entries submitted for the 2024
State FFA Agriscience Fair.

Please contact me immediately if you have any questions or concerns.
No Replies
Nelson McCracken
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 13:52:42 -0400
Greetings GVATA members, it is a pleasure to have the opportunity to host
the Region V NAAE conference in the great state of Georgia! The region V
conference will take place *June 23-26* in Warner Robins. Information for
the conference is included in our March newsletter and has also been sent
by your GVATA board. The NAAE national convention will take place
*December 3-7* in San Antonio, Texas. I hope you can join us at both of
these events. We are also excited to announce that there will be a new
Teach Ag. video that will premier *September 19, 2024*.

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 17:24:47 +0000
All,

Don't forget to nominate folks that you would like to see judge our state shows. Nominations do not have to come from an ad hoc member, so any 4H agent or Ag teacher can nominate who ever they like! We will stop accepting nomination on the 25th of this month.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Tue, 19 Mar 2024 11:38:23 -0400
Be sure to check the flyer for show heifer prospects.

*From: *Liz Rivera-Brown <[log in to unmask]>
*Date: *Thursday, March 14, 2024 at 3:23 PM
*To: *Rivera-Brown, Lizaura <[log in to unmask]>
*Subject: *[Test] Georgia Department of Agriculture Celebrates Georgia Ag
Week March 18th – 24th

*CAUTION:** This email originated outside of the organization. Do not click
links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the
content is safe.*

View this email in your browser
<https://us14.campaign-archive.com/?e=__test_email__&u=1c15216d903f8ece34875b4b3&id=393ba78957>

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:58:10 +0000
Ag Teachers,

This past Friday and Saturday the Georgia FFA hosted seven state CDEs at the FFA/FCCLA Center in Covington. The results have been announced, and banners awarded. The scores from the following CDEs are attached. Thank you to the state Agricultural Education staff and volunteers who coordinated the CDEs. Thank you as well to the Georgia FFA/FCCLA Center staff for ensuring that each event had the facilities and resources necessary to conduct the CDEs.

[More ...]
No Replies
Andrew Thoron
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:56:34 +0000
All,

We are again offering the P-5 (Elementary Agriculture) endorsement classes again this summer at ABAC. The courses are 100% online. Enrollment is open for summer.

Upon completion of the three courses, we will work with you to submit your information to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) to receive your endorsement in Elementary Agriculture. This endorsement is for those teachers that already hold a teaching certification in Georgia (Ag Ed or Ele Ed) and preservice students enrolled in an approved teacher preparation program. Others can enroll, but may have to complete additional exams through the GaPSC.

[More ...]
No Replies
Eric D Rubenstein
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 13:53:41 +0000
Good Morning!

I hope you are doing well. I am excited that the UGA ALEC department will host an in-person institute to get certified in the CASE AgXplore (AgX) Middle School curriculum. AgX provides 60 days of instruction, including unique and engaging hands-on activities and projects that encourage students to explore the daily impact of agriculture. AgX has lesson topics including Ag in the Past, Plants We Grow, Rouses We Use, Animals We Care For, and many more. More information regarding the CASE AgX course outline, materials, and sample activities can be found here: https://www.case4learning.org/curriculum/agxplore-middle-school-agx/.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 15:00:36 -0400
From: Tim Abernethy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Mar 10, 2024 at 10:38 AM
Subject: Goats for 4H & FFA
To: <[log in to unmask]>

I got your email from Shanna Reynolds. She said that you send out info to
ag people. I have 4 young goats all born around Feb. 15. I would like to
sell them for 4H or FFA students and she said that you could get that out
for me.
They can contact me by email. If you need to contact me my# 6784681724.

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Thu, 14 Mar 2024 09:08:10 -0400
Good Morning Advisors!

As April approaches quickly, I wanted to send out a few WLC reminders.

- Scholarship recipients will be announced at the end of March.
- There are* 3 Advisor spots left. *If you are considering attending
with your student(s), to hold your spot you must send in the bus
registration form and $500 deposit. The deposit will be returned to you if
your student does not receive a scholarship and you decide not to attend.
- All registration information is due April 3rd along with the $500
deposit to the state FFA office.
- The remaining balance

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 13 Mar 2024 15:35:54 -0400
*Attention Middle School Teachers - National FFA added 2 additional
skills to Agriscience Fair applications. This change was just made in the
application in the last 24 hours. I apologize for any inconvenience this
causes you. If you have already submitted those applications, please make
sure your students go back in to add the skills and resave the application
/ resubmit with a total of 5 skills. *

[More ...]
No Replies
Todd Claxton
Wed, 13 Mar 2024 13:43:12 -0400
Students will need clipboards and #2 pencils Each Senior team will need
one non programmable calculator.
No Replies
Walt Parks
Wed, 13 Mar 2024 12:05:29 -0400
Teachers,

As you make preparations for the 96th Georgia FFA State Convention in
April, I want to give you the link to register for the LTS (Living to
Serve) service opportunities that will be available Wednesday, April 24th
and/or Thursday, April 25th.

Click the link below to register your chapter. Be sure to include all
adults in your numbers as well. There are some details/information in the
registration form so be sure and read the first paragraph.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 16:02:40 +0000
Ag Teachers,

I am excited to announce the 2024 State Star Finalists. These students, their advisors and families will be recognized on stage during the opening session of the 96th Georgia FFA Convention on Thursday, April 25 at 7 PM.

Advisors of State Star finalists will receive more information from me this week regarding the Star interview process.

[More ...]
No Replies
Eric D Rubenstein
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:06:56 +0000
Good morning,

My name is Taylor Bird, a PhD student at the University of Georgia studying Agricultural Leadership, Education and Communication. You are being invited to take part in a research study analyzing what factors play a role in an agriculture teacher’s decision to pursue or abstain from certification in the Curriculum for Agricultural Science Education (CASE). The principal investigator in this study is Dr. Eric Rubenstein at the University of Georgia. We hope to develop insight into the interest of the CASE curriculum and analyze what barriers teachers might have to certification or implementation of the curriculum.

[More ...]
No Replies
Clair Jordan
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 09:02:41 -0400
Good morning!

*We are still in need of applicants for the 2024 Summer Staff team!*

We currently have 16 Summer Staff and are still in need of 10-15 more to
ensure that we are able to provide the same schedule and quality of
programming that people have come to expect.

*Eligibility Requirements*

· Applicants must be 18 years of age at the start of staff training
(May 12th).

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 11 Mar 2024 08:45:56 -0400
From: Skyler Davis <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Wed, Mar 6, 2024 at 5:46 PM
Subject: Fwd: Shirley Show Cattle Sale- This Weekend
To: Christa Steinkamp <[log in to unmask]>

Christa, could you please forward this email to the listserve? Thank you!

The Shirley Show Cattle sale is this weekend on SC Online Sales. Come see
the cattle in person at 5475 Jefferson Road, Commerce, GA 30529
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/5475+Jefferson+Road,+Commerce,+GA+30529?entry=gmail&source=g>
.
We offer clipping and fitting along with advice on feeding, daily care and
showmanship. Our service is second to none and that is how we have built
our business over the years.
Call Matt

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 14:01:18 -0500
Fellow Agriculture Educators,

My name is Mikaila Livingston and I am currently pursuing a Masters in
Agroforestry from the University of Missouri. My research project will be
turned into a resource for agriculture teachers who wish to start a land
lab/school farm. In the process of creating this resource, I need
professionals like you to complete this survey to allow me to better
understand how land labs/school farms are used or why more schools don’t
have them or are hesitant to start. The survey should take less than 10
minutes and will not save any personal information. Please consider
completing

[More ...]
No Replies
Sallie McHugh
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 18:05:36 +0000
[cid:ea1ca6c6-ebb9-4151-bf16-a8140726c20f]

Sallie K. McHugh

Associate Professor

Ag Education

Office 229-391-4798

[cid:0a6be394-b0a2-4b8b-98ca-f8f59fb95c6f]

[cid:919e0462-79d3-453d-810d-9c3b288d9727]<https:[log in to unmask]&ep=bwmEmailSignature> Book time to meet with me<https:[log in to unmask]&ep=bwmEmailSignature>
No Replies
<>
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 14:53:42 +0000
I've invited you to fill out the following form:
2024 Towaliga FFD

To fill it out, visit:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVeDhnaNkLNMzUOE-v6lNCI3XKMX8qVQTpUmVnG0mlFd9zDg/viewform?vc=0&amp;c=0&amp;w=1&amp;flr=0&amp;usp=mail_form_link

I&#39;ve invited you to fill out a form:

Google Forms: Create and analyze surveys.
No Replies
Lana Helms
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:11:33 -0500
Teachers,

The Georgia FFA Foundation is excited to announce that we have THREE
scholarship opportunities available for our graduating Georgia FFA members.

*Georgia's Ford Dealers Scholarship *
<https://form.jotform.com/240604629008149>
Georgia Ford Dealers will provide *TWENTY (20)* $1,000.00 scholarships to
award to our graduating Georgia FFA members who plan to attend a
post-secondary college to pursue a degree in an agriculture-related field.

[More ...]
No Replies
McKinley Hunter
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 08:30:00 -0500
Good morning, ag teachers!

I need your help.. IF you are a high school teacher :) I am studying
administrator perceptions of what makes an SBAE program successful and need
some assistance.

Would you be willing to share the following email/survey with the
administrators at your school? Thank you SO much!

Best,

MH
Show Replies 1 Reply
Katrina Jones
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:32:15 -0500
Teachers,

Attached is the application for the State FFA Convention Ambassador Program.
This program, sponsored by Farm Credit Associations of Georgia, is a
leadership program that provides opportunities for FFA members in grades
9-12 to interact with supporters, donors, and guests during the
convention.

Applications must be submitted by Tuesday, April 2nd, at 5:00 p.m. If you
have any questions about the program, please let me know.

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Tue, 5 Mar 2024 15:00:05 -0500
These resources may be more designed for elementary aged students, but may
be helpful for some ag outreach activities for you to do with your local
elementary schools.

From: Kaelynn Hankins <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 1:31 PM
To: <[log in to unmask]>

Can you please send this out on the listserv?

My lamb exhibitor is selling her livestock trailer. It is a 2020 Exiss with
6 pens. They have modified it and added electrical and A/C unit. Price is
$22,000, please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who
would be interested. Email: [log in to unmask] phone: 4235052156

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 14:00:16 -0500
Christa

Christa Steinkamp, EdS

From: Rainwater, Brian <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Mon, Mar 4, 2024 at 8:32 AM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: Chris Corzine <[log in to unmask]> <[log in to unmask]>

Morning. Can you please post this on the listserv?

I have a family who is selling their livestock trailer. If interested,
please contact me and I will supply more detail about the trailer.

[More ...]
No Replies
Lindstrom, Teresa
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 16:09:42 +0000
Good morning!

Please send this email out on your ListServ to your agriculture educators in your respective state, here is your reminder that I would LOVE to hear from you and your respective state.

My name is Teresa Lindstrom and I am a graduate student in Agricultural Education at Murray State University under the direction of Dr. Kristie Guffey, faculty advisor. I am conducting a study about Retention Rates Between Male and Female Agricultural Educators in the Southeast. As an educator in agricultural education, we are asking you to participate in a study that will explore the different factors that

[More ...]
No Replies
Kathrine Patel
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 08:23:33 -0500
Good Morning,

This is a reminder that registration for the Stephens County Forestry
Field Day Invitational is Friday, March 15th. Please use the attached link
to register. The waiver for this event is embedded within the google form.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Hannah Dinkins (

Sincerely,
Kathrine Patel
Show Replies 1 Reply
Kent Benson
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 07:22:38 -0500
Horse Evaluation Teams!

Registration is now open. Registration will close April 1st at 11:00 pm.

The event will be held * Friday April 5th* at the International Horse Park
in Conyers. This CDE is held in conjunction with the Georgia On My Mind
Quarter Horse Show hosted by Georgia AQHA.

The day of the contest registration will begin at 8:30 AM with the contest
beginning at 9:00 AM. The contest consists of:

[More ...]
No Replies
Sewell, Emily
Mon, 4 Mar 2024 12:20:00 +0000
Good morning, Georgia Ag Teachers!

Thank you to all who have reached out and/or completed my study so far, I appreciate you! This is just a friendly reminder in the chance you missed my last email. My name is Emily Sewell and I am a graduate student in Agricultural Education at Oklahoma State University under the direction of Dr. Christopher J. Eck, faculty advisor. I am conducting a dissertation study to investigate the impact of professional development on SBAE teacher career longevity. As an educator in agricultural education, we are asking you to participate in a study that will explore

[More ...]
No Replies
Todd Claxton
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 16:05:07 -0500
See Attachment
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 18:53:28 +0000
Ag Teachers,

The Georgia FFA will host state competition in 7 career development events (CDEs) at the FFA/FCCLA Center in Covington on Friday, March 15 and Saturday, March 16.

Agenda
Attached is the agenda for the CDE weekend on March 15-16. Each CDE will operate on their own schedule. Please read carefully, as some CDEs are held on only one day (Friday OR Saturday) while others are held on both Friday AND Saturday. Each CDE will make announcement of their results at the conclusion of their event. Announcement of results and giving of awards will take place in the Wilkinson

[More ...]
No Replies
Nancy Sell
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 13:12:46 -0500
Check out these resources from the National FFA!

*Apply Now! Grants for Growing Program*
Grants for Growing (G4G) is a competitive grant program for middle and high
school FFA chapters developing and improving student project-based or
experiential learning opportunities. FFA chapters may apply for up to
$5,000 through the G4G program, sponsored by Tractor Supply (TSC). For more
information and to apply, visit the Grants for Growing webpage on FFA.org
<https://nationalffaorganization.lt.acemlnb.com/Prod/link-tracker?redirectUrl=aHR0cHMlM0ElMkYlMkZ3d3cuZmZhLm9yZyUyRmdyYW50cy1mb3ItZ3Jvd2luZyUyRiUzRnV0bV9zb3VyY2UlM0RBY3RpdmVDYW1wYWlnbiUyNnV0bV9tZWRpdW0lM0RlbWFpbCUyNnV0bV9jb250ZW50JTNETWFyY2glMkJGRkElMkJOZXdzJTJCdG8lMkJOb3RlJTI2dXRtX2NhbXBhaWduJTNEQ0VPJTJCV2Vla2x5JTJCLSUyQjAyLTIzLTIwMjQlMkIlMjUyOENvcHklMjUyOQ==&sig=8CGeEzLGoE2Es4LmJTai2qdTtnVJXekdWd7ifXigkBdR&iat=1709306652&a=%7C%7C609904086%7C%7C&account=nationalffaorganization%2Eactivehosted%2Ecom&email=yVyWKdkifFiEseDu1hILwBss%2BPqYulqNpVCWuSwlMBxxuQzFWKFq%3Ar%2BXPwtXid9wSjOfSV6wPOGZW7RllbYF6&s=f6a839338ce9f97d45e61a9f547a3f93&i=2410A3342A3A30533>
.
🤩 Over 90% of the applications are awarded!!

[More ...]
No Replies
Kylie Whitworth
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:53:03 -0500
Ag Teachers,

Happy Friday! Along with other applications, WLC Scholarship Applications
are due today to your *Region Office. *Please let me know if you have any
questions. You can hand deliver the scholarship application or send it
electronically. Please see directions below on how to do so.

*North Region:*
Can be submitted electronically to ([log in to unmask])
o Subject should read: yourchapter-FYxxWLCStudentName
o File should be saved as: yourchapter_FYxxWLCStudentName

[More ...]
No Replies
Christa Steinkamp
Fri, 1 Mar 2024 09:51:21 -0500
Dear Agricultural Educator,

My name is Terrance Crayton, and I am a current agricultural teacher in
Alabama and a graduate student at New Mexico State University. I am
researching the competence and ability of agricultural educators to teach
Agricultural Mechanics Standards. According to my records, you are an
agricultural educator in Alabama, Tennessee, New Mexico, or Georgia. I
would appreciate you completing the survey I have attached as a link to
this email. This is the final time the survey request will be distributed
in your state. If you feel this email has been sent to you by mistake or

[More ...]
No Replies
Carole H. Knight
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 17:30:22 +0000
***Please share with those youth involved in your dairy programs.***

Guthrie Dairy Youth Leadership Scholarship
We are incredibly pleased to announce the Guthrie Dairy Youth Leadership Award again. This cash award (max amount $500.00) will be given annually to 4-H or FFA members involved in youth dairy programs or activities who need financial assistance to participate in workshops, conferences, field days, or any other dairy-related activities that would enhance their leadership abilities. Examples of these programs are Junior Dairy Breed Association Activities, Southeast Dairy Youth Retreat, or any other dairy-related program where leadership can be developed. Exhibiting your Dairy Heifer

[More ...]
Show Replies 1 Reply
Katrina Jones
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 09:36:55 -0500
Teachers,

I encourage you to check out this fundraising program, Front Door Produce,
owned and operated by Brad and Laura Mathis. They work directly with local
farmers and growers to source the best produce available and then provide
that produce in a box to your buyers.

Their fundraisers typically run for two to three weeks. Your chapter would
sell produce boxes, and after the fundraiser ends, the boxes are delivered
to your location. Their team will also help provide resources like digital
images, social media content, and customizable flyers to help promote your
fundraiser.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 14:16:07 +0000
Ag Teachers

The 96th Georgia FFA Convention is only 55 days away. Attached are the convention agenda and session breakdown. These documents were posted on the State Convention website a couple of weeks ago. We have made a couple of small changes to session content, so please look over the convention agenda and session breakdowns to be sure you know what is taking place during each session. If you have students being recognized on stage at the convention, the agenda and session breakdowns will identify which session your students should be prepared for their recognition.

[More ...]
No Replies
Todd Claxton
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 08:00:00 -0500
*Opens 2/1/2024*

*Closes 2/29/2024*

*Who:* FFA Chapters from all Area’s, both Junior and Senior

*What:* State Dairy Evaluation CDE

*When:* Friday March 15th 2024

***Go ahead and book your hotel or FFA camp rooms now!

*Where:* Ag Barn at the FFA Camp Covington GA

*Registration:* *9:15 AM to 10:00AM*, we need to have everyone in seats by
9:45 AM to start on time. Contest Start: 10 AM

[More ...]
No Replies
Dylan Blake Davis
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 19:19:52 +0000
All,

Please share with any rising high school juniors or seniors that you think may be interested.

We are planning for Animal Science in Action to be on June 3rd and 4th this year in Athens. Animal Science in Action is a two-day program designed for rising high school juniors and seniors interested in science and careers in animal science. Participants engage in a series of laboratory experiments and visit each of the college's main teaching farms for hands-on activities with beef and dairy cattle, horses, swine, and sheep. Current CAES animal and dairy science students help lead the program.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Wed, 28 Feb 2024 16:45:27 +0000
Ag Teachers,

If you are interested in bringing FFA members to a University of Georgia baseball game, the UGA College of Agricultural & Environmental Sciences is offering a wonderful opportunity. Please see the information below from Mrs. Regina Fitzpatrick. There is a link at the very bottom of Regina's email that you can use to secure tickets. The game is Tuesday, March 12, at 5 PM against Iowa. Tickets are available for $5. If you're interested, I encourage you to act quickly to secure tickets.

[More ...]
No Replies
Jessica Fife
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:24:03 +0000
Hi friends!

I have some spots open for this year’s Avian Academy<https://poultry.caes.uga.edu/community-outreach/avian-academy.html>, which will take place June 24-26, 2024. Hotels and meals (except one dinner) are all covered free of charge, and CTAERN credit will be granted upon completion. If you’d like to register, please email me and I’ll send you the link with everything I need from you to save your spot. This is on a first come, first serve basis and your spot is not guaranteed until you complete the registration form.

[More ...]
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 19:03:51 +0000
Ag Teachers

Happy State Degree application week! I hope that as Friday, March 1, inches closer, you are helping students putting the finishing touches on their state FFA degree and state star applications. Remember that all state FFA degree and state Star applications must be submitted through the online application manager. The steps to follow for online submission are listed below. In order to be ready for submission, an application must have all signatures and a PDF version with a version number must have been generated.

[More ...]
No Replies
Barry Croom
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 18:37:49 +0000
Dear Colleagues,

The College of Agricultural and Environmental Sciences seeks a talented individual to become our next director of student recruitment. Please share the attached position description with individuals who have the potential to excel in student recruiting.

Dr. Jennifer Waldeck, Professor & Department Head of Agricultural Leadership, Education, and Communication, serves on the search committee and would gladly answer any questions you may have. You can reach her at [log in to unmask]

[More ...]
No Replies
Stacey Beacham
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 12:04:32 -0500
It helps when you add the attachment.
Sorry about that.

--
Quality, Integrity and you gotta love the kids!!!

Mr. Stacey Beacham
South Region Director – Agriculture Education
ABAC 34
2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton, GA 31793

Office: 229-391-3128
Cell: 229-873-4202
No Replies
Stacey Beacham
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 11:11:22 -0500
Please see the position announcement listed below. Share with those who may
have an interest.

--
Quality, Integrity and you gotta love the kids!!!

Mr. Stacey Beacham
South Region Director – Agriculture Education
ABAC 34
2802 Moore Hwy
Tifton, GA 31793

Office: 229-391-3128
Cell: 229-873-4202
No Replies
Todd Claxton
Tue, 27 Feb 2024 08:00:00 -0500
*Opens 2/1/2024*

*Closes 2/29/2024*

*Who:* FFA Chapters from all Area’s, both Junior and Senior

*What:* State Dairy Evaluation CDE

*When:* Friday March 15th 2024

***Go ahead and book your hotel or FFA camp rooms now!

*Where:* Ag Barn at the FFA Camp Covington GA

*Registration:* *9:15 AM to 10:00AM*, we need to have everyone in seats by
9:45 AM to start on time. Contest Start: 10 AM

[More ...]
No Replies
Todd Claxton
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 08:00:00 -0500
The 2024 Dairy Evaluation CDE will take place on March 15, 2024. Meals
will cost *$10.00* per student or advisor. Please use this form to order
your meals. Meals must be ordered by *March 11, 2024.*
Please make checks payable to the *GEORGIA FFA ASSOCIATION.* You do not
have to order meals for your students.
See the link below
Dairy Eval Meal Count link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdavg04OoVlTUytLUMYZjZobkwfJJEyLeLH4_pEoyhoJmWDag/viewform?usp=sf_link>
No Replies
Ben Lastly
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 22:12:11 +0000
Ag Teachers,

I apologize for failing to include the barn diagrams yesterday afternoon when I shared the penning assignments for the swine show at the Georgia Jr. National Livestock Show this week.

Attached are the penning assignments (no changes from yesterday's copy) and the penning diagrams for Sheep & Swine #1 and Sheep & Swine #2.

[More ...]
No Replies