From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Denise Coles <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 16:59:13 -0500
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: 6 Feb 2001 12:17:33 CST
From: Denise Coles <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Followup to "disappearing" neighborhoods
Sender: Denise Coles <[log in to unmask]>

To follow up the information I posted last week about the local Houston
development organization that published a map of the area that didn't show
minority and poor neighborhoods, there was a new article in the Chronicle
today telling of how the map online had been updated from 48 to 98
neighborhoods shown and that the organization had stopped the presses on the
old map which was in the process of being printed.  I wish I had saved a copy
of the old online map, half of the city looked unpopulated.

New article is at:

http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/story.hts/metropolitan/815734

The new map is at:

http://www.houston.org/newcomersguide/neighborhoods.html