AGED-CENTRAL Archives

AgEd Teachers of Central Ga.

AGED-CENTRAL@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Luz Morales <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Luz Morales <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2024 18:03:45 -0400
I want to extend a huge congratulations and thanks to all the Central
Region Chapters that participated in our first ever Spanish Creed
Invitational! As I said when I announced the Area 3 results live, I truly
thank all of you for providing a space and opportunity for our Hispanic
students to excel in the FFA Organization! It truly warms my heart the
amount of teachers and students that took a leap of faith to try a contest
in a new language with their students. Thank you for all you do!

A huge thanks to some people who helped make this happen: Chris Corzine for
volunteering Pete and I to facilitate this invitational for Central Region,
Judge Jennifer Carbajal for helping judge in Area 3, and Ashley Whiddon for
hosting at Perry Middle School!

Now, enough with the Hallmark vibes, here are the results!

Congratulations to the top two scoring individuals! They will not be
moving on to a State event, but I am working on advocating for a State
Invitational for the 2024-2025 School year. If you can assist me in this
endeavor, I would greatly appreciate it!

*1st Place- Mariana Alcantar, Byron Middle FFA, Advisor: Emily Robertson*
*2nd Place- Rosemary Rodriguez, Locust Grove High School, Advisor: Bodhy
O'Neal*

Congratulations to all these students who participated for the first time!
Results are attached below!