AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Andrew Thoron <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Thoron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Mar 2024 14:56:34 +0000
All,

We are again offering the P-5 (Elementary Agriculture) endorsement classes again this summer at ABAC.  The courses are 100% online.  Enrollment is open for summer.

Upon completion of the three courses, we will work with you to submit your information to the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC) to receive your endorsement in Elementary Agriculture.  This endorsement is for those teachers that already hold a teaching certification in Georgia (Ag Ed or Ele Ed) and preservice students enrolled in an approved teacher preparation program.  Others can enroll, but may have to complete additional exams through the GaPSC.

The three courses are:
AGED 4101 - Promoting Child Dev & Lrn P-5
AGED 4102 - Curriculum Dev in P-5 Ag Ed
AGED 4103 - Methods of Teaching P-5 Ag Ed

To enroll, you will need to be apply to ABAC.  During the month of March - there is NO application fee!   You can complete this admission process by following: https://gafutures.xap.com/applications/usg/USG_Common_2021/apply.html?application_id=3374
If you previously attended ABAC, you can complete the re-admit by following: https://www.abac.edu/prospective-students/former-readmit/  This page/link has re-admit apps for both options (with and without credentials).  You will only need to supply your BS degree transcripts.

A couple points of information - as part of the application process you will be asked to submit an immunization record.  I suggest you choose to opt out of this so because the courses are online, and it will save you time in applying.  You can find this form by following: https://apps.abac.edu/Admissions/Immunization.pdf   If you have admission questions, the best point of contact is to email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> .  You can email me as well ([log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>), but our admissions person would likely be the best to assist.  During this process, you can select that you wish to major in Agricultural Education.  This will direct your information to the correct department.

Once you have been admitted to ABAC, please email me: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> telling me you have been admitted and are seeking to be placed into the course(s).  You will need all three courses for the endorsement, but they are not all required to be taken at the same time.  We have organized the courses to not be overwhelming when taken together over the summer.  I will place you into the courses, so you do not have to worry about registering yourself - so be certain to email me once you have been admitted into ABAC.

I know many of you are working on higher degrees (MS, EdS, EdD).  We have a partnership with Murray State University and the University of Tennessee-Knoxville to allow these courses to be recognized as graduate credit at their institution upon receiving a "B" or better at ABAC.  Each institution, as part of this partnership, you be seeking you to complete a higher degree with their institution.  Murray State University will take up to 9 hours of credit (all three courses) and UT-Knoxville will accept up to 6 hours of credit.  This is exciting news as you will be paying our undergraduate price (approx. $108/credit hour) and receive graduate credit for a transfer fee.  This could be a cost savings of over $5,000 + your Georgia Elementary Endorsement in Agriculture.  If you are interested in this, please let me know at the time you send the email for enrollment into the course(s).

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or any of our ABAC Ag Ed faculty.

Kind Regards,
Dr. Thoron
Andrew C. Thoron
Professor & Department Head
Agricultural Education and Communication
[cid:image001.png@01D7D0A8.3770C720]
ABAC 8, 2802 Moore Hwy, Tifton, GA 31793
Office: 229.391.5280

And gladly wolde he lerne, and gladly teche