AGED-L Archives

Ag Ed Discussion Group

AGED-L@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Chris Corzine <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Corzine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Feb 2024 10:33:28 -0500
Please post to the Ag Ed listserv:

Will be posted to teachgeorgia today.

Jenkins County Middle High School in Millen, Georgia will have an opening
for an Ag Teacher for the 24-25 school year. The position is primarily
middle school with the teacher teaching one 6th grade class, one 7th grade
class, one 8th grade class for Basic Ag credit, and one high school course
that alternates between Veterinary Science, Animal Science Biotechnology,
and Animal Ag Production. Class size hovers between 8 and 20 and rarely
exceeds 24. The middle school classes are 75 minutes long and the high
school class is 90 minutes long.

Jenkins County Middle High School is a K-12 school and features two ag
mechanics shops connected to each other by a tool room, with one shop
solely devoted to middle school, a greenhouse just a few steps from the
classroom/shop and an advisor office. The middle school agriculture wing is
brand new this year and features many windows and lots of space.

The Jenkins County community is super supportive of the agriculture
program. Jenkins County Middle High is an excellent place to work. I am not
leaving. I am just taking another position within the system. This position
is an 11 month contract.

Please direct any questions to me or to Pete. Our email addresses are:

[log in to unmask] and [log in to unmask]

Applicants can apply on teachgeorgia and may email a resume’ to our
principal, Mr. Rob Gray at [log in to unmask]

Thanks!

Carmen Bennett

[image: image][image: image][image: image]

Sent from my iPhone

--
Chris Corzine
Georgia Department of Education