From:
David Campbell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Apr 2020 20:54:51 -0400
https://bmcevolbiol.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1471-2148-5-25 found
it not grouping with Helminthoglypta (which is in Xanthonychidae in the
Bouchet et al. classification).
 https://doi.org/10.1093/biolinnean/blx082 recognizes Cepolidae as a
distinct family from Xanthonychidae.

However, Polymita definitely does not belong in Cepolidae:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bandfish

Use of Cepolidae in Mollusca is the junior homonym, and an appeal to the
ICZN is needed to deal with the problem of the family-level homonymy.

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 9:35 AM John Varner <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> The pandemic has been a perfect opportunity to catch up on cataloguing.
> But in doing so, I have run into a few questions regarding pricing, and the
> recent reclassification of molluscan families, to wit:
> WoRMS places Polymita in the family Cepolidae.  Others put the genus in
> Helminthoglyptidae <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Helminthoglyptidae>.
> What's a guy to do??
> Also, how does one assign a price value to a genus like Ploymita, which is
> now restricted in trade?  I have a set of 30+ polymitas, collected from the
> early 60's to the early 2000's.  Some have accurate locale ID and
> collecting dates, some do not.  Are they priceless or valueless?  This is
> just one example of a specie in this situation.  What factors go into
> pricing species that are now restricted in trade?
>
> Thanks in advance for your thoughts & advice
>
> John
> http://listserv.uga.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=conch-l&A=1 Type your email
> address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the list.

Dr. David Campbell
Associate Professor, Geology
Department of Natural Sciences
Box 7270