Date:
Thu, 15 Feb 2024 02:40:06 +0000
Greg,
I'm a land snail guy, but also a retired lawyer and a nerd on the
Rules of Zoological Nomenclature.Your mention of S. d. k. ethylae
raised a question in my mind: was the name published as an
infrasubspecific taxon, thus raising the question of whether the name
was properly published for purposes of zoological nomenclature (see
Art. 45.5 and 45.6 of the Code). The name doesn't show up in
MolluscaBase.
Carl Christensen