DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Spillane, Charles" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2022 14:56:19 +0000
Dear DSSAT members,

If you could circulate the following to any potential PhD candidates it would be much appreciated.

-----

Our LEG4DEV project is seeking to recruit six talented PhD students for research on legume-based agroecological intensification of maize and cassava cropping systems in sub-Saharan Africa (SSA). Deadline 15th February 2022

Further details attached & on: https://leg4dev.org/vacancies/

We are seeking to recruit highly motivated researchers who will conduct their PhD research on the following research activity areas on legumes relating to sustainability and food security within LEG4DEV:

  *   Climate & crop modelling (legumes)

  *   Nutrition & legumes

  *   Water use & legumes

  *   Legume-based bioeconomy (bioenergy, co-products)

  *   Legume-based business models & entrepreneurship

  *   Policies & institutions (legume scaling)

We are particularly interested in applications from talented and motivated researchers with strong backgrounds and proven skills in crop science, crop breeding, crop modelling, climate modelling, agronomy, seed systems, sustainability, life cycle analysis (LCA), nutrition, bioeconomy, circular economy, bioenergy, entrepreneurship/business and policy/institutional analysis. Evidence of prior involvement in research leading to high-quality publications and reports would be particularly welcome, including engagement in the process of drafting, revising and publishing research outputs.

--

Prof. Charles Spillane,

Director of Ryan Institute

National University of Ireland Galway