DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Timothy Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Feb 2023 10:43:20 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I am looking to hire two new Postdoctoral Researchers in the Agriculture, Water and Climate research group (ag-water.weebly.com<http://ag-water.weebly.com/>) at the University of Manchester as part of our role in the TRANSCEND project (Transformational and robust adaptation to water scarcity and climate change under deep uncertainty) funded by UK Research and Innovation and the European Commission (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101084110). The two roles are summarised below:

  1.  Postdoc in Remote Sensing for Land and Water Monitoring (initial 3-year term, apply here:https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?isPreview=Yes&jobid=24613&advert=external) This role will lead TRANSCEND's work to improve the monitoring and evaluation of water management policies. The selected candidate will develop satellite-based approaches for monitoring agricultural land and water use. They will apply these tools and other data to assess historic land and water use dynamics in the project’s living labs, and to develop a practical toolkit to support water managers to monitor and enforce allocation policies.

  2.  Postdoc in Crop-Water Modelling for Water Policy Design (initial 2-year term, apply here:https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/displayjob.aspx?isPreview=Yes&jobid=24615&advert=external). This role will lead research in TRANSCEND to quantify the impacts of water management policies and climate change on the agricultural sector. The selected candidate will develop agro-economic models and couple these tools to river basin simulators to assess how agricultural land use, crop yields, and water demands will be impacted by and respond to future climate, socio-economic, and policy changes in each of the project’s living labs.

Both roles are an exciting opportunity to work with a great multi-disciplinary team led by the University of Salamanca in Spain. Both roles include dedicated support for travel and professional development, and will provide extensive opportunities to apply your research to real-world water management policy in river basins around the world.

If you know of suitable candidates within your networks, I would very much appreciate if you could share these opportunities with them. The deadline for applications is 9 March 2023 and I would be happy to discuss with any candidates who are interested in advance of applications (email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Best wishes

Tim

Tim Foster, PhD

Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Water-Food Security

Department of Mechanical, Aerospace and Civil Engineering

Office 63 | Core 1E | Engineering Building A

e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

w: https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/timothy.foster.html

Group webpage : http://ag-water.weebly.com

AquaCrop-OS : http://www.aquacropos.com

**My working days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. If your email arrives outside these days then I will reply as soon as possible when I’m back at work**