DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Jose A. Hernandez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 2022 20:53:28 -0600
Sustainability Post-Doctoral Scientist, Carbonat Indigo (View all jobs)
<https://boards.greenhouse.io/indigo>
Direct application link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/indigo/jobs/4050513
Boston OR Remote

We are an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a
high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our
toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven
insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo
Ag is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable
climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves
farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.

Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from
multigenerational farming professionals who understand the land as though
it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier
of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders
we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.
The Team:

The Carbon Science & Modeling team connects cutting edge science and
research with quantification methodologies at scale through deeply cross
disciplinary work. We define the science requirements behind high-quality
carbon credits, collaborate with scientists across academia, non-profit and
industry, and work on world class data sets and experiments to advance the
science around sustainability and agriculture. We are looking for an
early-career scientist who is excited by the challenge of scaling
scientific insights into global impact. *This position is for a full time,
fixed-term appointment with a duration of two years.*
Responsibilities:

   - Lead and manage publication initiatives (peer-reviewed and technical
   white papers) and strategy for data incorporation and journal selection.
   - Support research collaborations with external scientists at
   universities and NGOs
   - Collaborate with field and data scientists and modelers to publish
   experimental findings from our multi-year, large-scale, Soil Carbon
   Experiment studying management practice impacts on soil carbon and other
   ecosystem services.
   - Share publication progress at team meetings and contribute in
   scientific discussions
   - Delve into different types of analyses to explore data sets and to
   make new discoveries and recommendations.
   - Contribute thoughtful, science-driven recommendations for business
   decisions using effective communication of findings (through synthesis and
   visualization of quantitative information).
   - Assist with experimentation and design where appropriate and necessary
   based on skill set.
   - Provide data results and findings to wider organization for use
   throughout the company and to external stakeholders

Competencies:

   - Strong communication skills along with robust technical writing
   skills; able to translate results from complex analyses into interpretable
   results, both visually and verbally, for publication in peer-reviewed
   journals and technical reports as well as lay audiences.
   - Solid foundation in statistics and experimental design
   - Strong collaboration proactive and self-directed
   - Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment

Qualifications:

   - Recent Ph.D. in soil science, agricultural sciences, environmental
   science or a related discipline
   - Demonstrated record of scientific publication in scientific
   peer-review journals
   - Deep knowledge of soil sciences and biogeochemical modeling is a plus.
   - Knowledge of agronomy, agricultural ecosystems, and land management
   impacts on soil carbon with specific experience in row cropping systems
   and/or perennial agriculture.
   - Proficiency with at least one soil biogeochemical models and their
   processes (e.g. DayCent, DNDC, RothC, etc.)
   - Understanding of geospatial analysis, statistical analysis & modeling
   and software tools (proficiency in SQL, Python, R, and experience with
   version control preferred).

Benefits:

   - Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
   - Generous time off
   - Parental leave
   - A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
   - 401(k) plan

Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work
environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has
opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive
to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels
they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.