DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Timothy Foster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Aug 2023 11:07:28 +0000
Dear colleagues,

I am looking to appoint a new Postdoctoral Researcher at the University of Manchester with a focus on agricultural water use monitoring and demand management, as part of my group’s (ag-water.weebly.com<http://ag-water.weebly.com/>) role in the TRANSCEND project (Transformational and robust adaptation to water scarcity and climate change under deep uncertainty) funded by UK Research and Innovation and the European Commission (https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/101084110).

The postdoctoral researcher will develop new knowledge and data-driven tools to strengthen monitoring and implementation of policies to address water scarcity in the agricultural sector. A key goal will be to advance understanding about the current barriers to agricultural water use monitoring, and develop tools that leverage satellite data and geospatial models to address current gaps in monitoring in order to improve resilience of water demand management policies. The position is available with an initial 2-year term with a flexible start date in late 2023 or early 2024. Full details of the role and a link to apply can be found here: https://www.jobs.manchester.ac.uk/Job/JobDetail?jobid=26434&isPreview=Yes&advert=external

This role is an exciting opportunity to collaborate with a diverse international multi-disciplinary team, including another two other postdocs with expertise in remote sensing and agricultural modelling in the TRANSCEND team at the University of Manchester and a variety of early career researchers within the wider consortium. The role include dedicated support for travel and professional development, and will provide extensive opportunities to apply and translate your research into impact on real-world water management policy in major river basins around the world.

If you know of suitable candidates within your networks, I would very much appreciate if you could share these opportunities with them. The deadline for applications is 13 September 2023 and I would be happy to discuss with any candidates who are interested in the role and would like to find out more (email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>).

Best wishes

Tim

Tim Foster, PhD

Senior Lecturer (Associate Professor) in Water-Food Security

Department of Fluids and Environment

Office 63 | Core 1E | Engineering Building A

The University of Manchester | Booth Street East | M13 9PL

e: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

w: https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/timothy.foster.html

Group webpage : http://ag-water.weebly.com<http://ag-water.weebly.com/>

AquaCrop-OS : http://www.aquacropos.com<http://www.aquacropos.com/>

**My working days are Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday. If your email arrives outside these days then I will reply as soon as possible when I’m back at work**