DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Jose A. Hernandez" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 2021 13:00:10 -0600
Application and additional information:

https://boards.greenhouse.io/indigo/jobs/3738629
Scientist, Carbon Science & Modelingat Indigo (View all jobs)
<https://boards.greenhouse.io/indigo>
Location: Boston, USA OR Remote
We are an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a
high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our
toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven
insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo
Ag is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable
climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves
farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.
Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from
multigenerational farming gurus who understand the land as though it were
an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of
innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we
serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.The Carbon Science &
Modeling team connects cutting-edge science and research with
quantification methodologies at scale through deeply cross-disciplinary
work. We define the science requirements behind high-quality carbon
credits, collaborate with scientists across academia and industry, and work
on world-class data sets and experiments to advance the science around
sustainability and agriculture. We are looking for a scientist who is
excited by the challenge of scaling scientific insights into global impact.
Responsibilities:

   - Provide thought leadership for soil carbon modeling activities within
   Indigo.
   - Help set a long-term strategy for advancing Indigo’s ability to
   estimate soil carbon sequestration at farm-to-regional scales.
   - Support expansion of Indigo’s quantification engine into new
   agroecosystems and management practices
   - Develop strategies to link field measurements and remote sensing data
   to soil biogeochemical models.
   - Collaborate with engineers on scale issues and building code that can
   be deployed into production systems.
   - Collaborate with our Ground Truth and Measurement team to design
   experiments to enable new models
   - Contribute thoughtful business recommendations using effective
   communication of findings (through synthesis and visualization of
   quantitative information).

Competencies:

   - Strong communication skills; able to translate results from complex
   analyses into interpretable results, both visually and verbally
   - Enjoy collaborating with and leading others
   - Proactive and self-directed
   - Strong modeling skills, able to write well-documented, clean,
   maintainable code in a collaborative environment
   - Thrive in a fast-paced, growth environment

Qualifications:

   - Ph.D. in soil science, agricultural science, or a related discipline
   providing experience in biogeochemical modeling
   - Deep knowledge of soil ecology and biogeochemistry
   - Knowledge of agricultural ecosystems, and land management impacts on
   soil carbon with specific experience with perennials and/or with grazing
   management
   - Experience in one or more soil biogeochemical models (DNDC, DayCent,
   COMET, etc.)
   - Understanding and competency in geospatial analysis, modeling, and
   software tools
   - Demonstrated record of scientific impact and productivity.

*Benefits:*

   - Health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family
   - Generous time off
   - Parental leave
   - A remote-first organization with flexible work hours
   - Commuter benefits
   - 401(k) plan

Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work
environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has
opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive
to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels
they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.