From:
David Hodnefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2024 19:29:34 +0000
text/plain (5 kB) , text/html (12 kB) , image001.png (12 kB) , image002.png (12 kB) , image003.jpg (12 kB) , image004.jpg (12 kB) , image005.png (12 kB) , image006.jpg (12 kB) , image007.jpg (12 kB) , image008.jpg (12 kB) , image009.jpg (5 kB)
Hello Robin.

Proquest's Digital Sanborn Maps 1867-1970 includes B&W scans of images from the Library of Congress collection that were microfilmed by the Chadwyck-Healey company in 1983 and again in 1990.  There are approximately 667,000 images in that collection.  The Library of Congress online collection includes the approximately 448,000 map sheets which my company digitized as part of a Third Party Digitization project during the 2014-2016 time period.  It includes all the maps that could be positively shown to be in the public domain at that time.

My company, Historical Information Gatherers, has the largest collection of digitized color fire insurance maps and real estate atlases for U. S. cities ever created.  There are currently an almost 49,000 publications with well over 700,000 sheets included in the collection (a small number are grayscale scans from microfilm).  Not only did we digitize the Library of Congress collection for them, we have travelled around the country finding additional editions which can be found in almost every city that had coverage and includes publishers besides Sanborn.  We continue to do this and I believe you folks have one or two unique publications of Kalamazoo (as does the Kalamazoo Public Library).  I have meant to visit your library personally, but unfortunately time did not allow it.  I expect to be in Michigan next month and may be able to stop in and say hello, if you're available.

Our map collection is available as a subscription service.  Our first generation platform is called FIMo (Fire Insurance Maps online).  We have a second generation platform called HistoryMosaic which includes these maps plus other data layers such as aerial photography, topographic maps, and street address directories in a GIS interface.

If you have any additional questions, I have extensive knowledge regarding these maps and the various collections in existence.

Regards,
David

[cid:image003.jpg@01DA6400.D7038280]<http://www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/>   [seemoreincolor]

David Hodnefield
President
952-253-2004

Historical Information Gatherers (HIG)
www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/<http://www.historicalinfo.com/fimo/>
[LinkedIn-Logo-02]<https://www.linkedin.com/organization/2985404>[facebook icon]<https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=historical%20information%20gatherers%20-%20hig>[twitter icon]<https://twitter.com/HistoricalInfo1>[youtube icon]<https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLftxFDJe-tuucvIyAujnPQa7mKcddUAED>