From:
Jennie Murack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 2023 14:32:16 +0000
**apologies for cross-posting**

IASSIST and the ACMLA would like to invite you to join us for the 49th Annual IASSIST conference and 57th annual Carto conference being jointly held in Halifax, Nova Scotia, from May 28-31, 2024 to talk about the future of data in libraries, archives, and data services.

The International Association for Social Science Information Services and Technology (IASSIST) is an international organization of professionals working with information technology and data services to support research and teaching. The Association of Canadian Map Libraries and Archives (ACMLA) is the representative professional group for Canadian map librarians, cartographic archivists and others interested in geographic information in all formats.

The conference will be held in-person, centering networking opportunities and interaction.

We welcome submissions for papers, presentations, posters, demos, workshops, and lightning talks that are of general interest to the IASSIST/Carto communities or embrace our conference theme - Uncharted: Navigating the future of data. This conference challenges you to chart new pathways and to think about using data to navigate our way to a better future together.

Visit the conference website to start a submission and learn more: https://iassistdata.org/conferences/iassist2024/

The deadline for submissions is extended to Friday, December 1, 2023.

Questions can be sent to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Jennie Murack (she/her/hers)
GIS & Data Librarian
MIT Libraries