From:
Mike Flannigan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Dec 2023 09:21:39 -0600

On 7/10/2022 I posted to this list about an effort to create

a comprehensive index of all topographic maps published in

the USA.  I am still a long way from that goal.

I do have an index of 357,457 records.  Some statistics on

these records is listed below.  I suspect every library on

this list has maps not listed in this index.

Anyway, if anybody wants the records for their state, I

can supply a CSV file that can be opened by Excel.

Records per state:

AK - 17130

AL - 5680

AR - 5240

AS - 9

AZ - 11076

AZ NM - 6

AZ NV - 1

AZ NV CA - 1

CA - 23251

CA NV - 5

CO - 12399

CO KS - 3

CO KS OK - 2

CO UT - 4

CT - 1341

DC - 52

DE - 404

FL - 7539

FM - 19

GA - 5605

GU - 9

HI - 1000

IA - 5842

ID - 8616

ID MT - 4

ID OR - 2

ID WY - 2

IL - 6323

IN - 4581

KS - 8712

KY - 4878

LA - 6170

MA - 3108

MD - 2382

ME - 5323

MI - 7112

MN - 8676

MO - 7461

MO AR - 1

MO KS - 2

MP - 9

MS - 4458

MT - 14688

MT ID - 2

MT WY - 3

NC - 6022

ND - 6434

NE - 6733

NH - 1532

NJ - 1677

NM - 10521

NM TX - 2

NV - 9150

NV AZ - 1

NV CA - 7

NV ID - 1

NV UT - 4

NV UT ID - 1

NY - 9030

OH - 5751

OK - 6876

ON - 12

OR - 10156

PA - 8167

PR - 810

PW - 12

QC - 23

RI - 395

SC - 2956

SD - 6634

TN - 5707

TX - 22978

TX MX06 - 1

UT - 8778

UT AZ - 17

UT CO - 14

UT CO WY - 2

UT ID - 4

VA - 6617

VI - 57

VT - 1545

WA - 8905

WA OR - 2

WI - 7400

WV - 3469

WY - 9921

WY SD MT - 2

Records per map scale:

10000 - 77

12000 - 1

20000 - 474

21120 - 19

24000 - 294493

25000 - 9627

30000 - 276

31680 - 3944

48000 - 1120

50000 - 277

62500 - 28380

63360 - 7064

96000 - 43

100000 - 3016

125000 - 4445

126700 - 1

127000 - 1

192000 - 2

250000 - 4197

The header row across the top (columns):

Series

Version

Cell ID

Map Name