From:
David Hodnefield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Mar 2024 19:04:39 +0000
Hello Ken.

Long time no see.  I have put together several spreadsheets which tell the codes and locations for flights done by the Farm Service Agency and predecessors (AAA, PMA, CSS, ASCS), Forest Service, and the Soil Conservation Service.  In the FSA table, flights starting in 1972 typically use the FIPs code.  Older flights and special projects use the alpha code.  Forest Service flights are organized by FS region and Name.  The Project field lists the code. SCS codes were extracted from Special List 25 from NARA and includes a County/Area field, though sometimes the Filed Under field provides a better description.

I could pull a list of codes used by the USGS and several other U. S. government agencies, but linking that to locations would take considerably more time than I am willing to put in.  Instead, I would use EarthExplorer's Aerial Photo Single Frames layer and enter the project code into Additional Criteria rather than selecting a location for a search.

Good luck locating everything!

David

David Hodnefield
President, Historical Information Gatherers
office 952.253.2004
direct 952-777-1845
www.historicalinfo.com<http://www.historicalinfo.com>
www.historymosaic.com