From:
Craig Haggit <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Mar 2024 07:51:10 -0700
When I first started learning about the US maps the DMA produced I recall
being disappointed that most series didn't seem to ever be completed. I'd
love to know more about why they mapped some areas of a state or country
and not others. If the 21st century decision-making I've seen holds for the
earlier editions, they're only made and/or updated as-needed: invasions,
military operations, etc., though those maps (Iraq, for example) were made
but I think still remain classified 'confidential' and so would never show
up as available.

Why three sheets were removed from the V783 index is beyond me though.

Craig

Craig Haggit
Map and Geospatial Librarian, Special Collections and Archives
Denver Public Library
10 West 14th Ave. Parkway
Denver, CO  80204
720-865-1813