From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Jul 2003 16:07:55 -0400
Subject: Re: Library GIS outreach/collaborations on campus?]
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:53:30 -0500
From: "Christopher Mixon" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------
At Auburn University we don't do a lot of ongoing promotion. We do
promote GIS campuswide through collaboration with a few other
departments on GIS day but do not target specific departments. We do
strive to get speakers for GIS day that might have an impact on
departments not heavily involved with GIS.

___________________________

Chris Mixon
Library Associate I
Cataloging/Government Documents Unit
Auburn University Libraries
231 Mell St.
Auburn University, AL 36849-5606
Phone: 334-844-1759
Fax:  334-844-1703
E-mail: [log in to unmask]

http://www.lib.auburn.edu
http://www.nacis.org

Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2003 15:57:04 -0700
From: "Andrew Nicholson" <[log in to unmask]>

------------------

Please excuse any duplication.

Some time ago I sent out an email to various lists asking about
existing
combinations (if any) of Maps, GIS, Government Documents, and Business
Information Services in your library.

As a follow up, I am curious to know what (if any) efforts have been
made by
your library to promote GIS use or services to individual departments
and
programs, outside of Geography. I am particular interested in any
efforts
dealing with Business programs, faculty, and data. Please check all
that
apply:

___Our library has not done any GIS collaboration or outreach

Our library has done GIS promotion to:

___Business school/department

___Other Departments/Programs (please specify)______________________

Individual anecdotes are also welcome.