From:
"Angie Cope, AGSL" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Dec 2005 09:24:11 -0600
MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L ** MAPS-L

Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: HelenJane
Date:   Thu, 22 Dec 2005
From:   [log in to unmask]
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

HelenJane is a model for us all, stepping out while the stepping is good!
Ah, retirement...

She has been a friend and mentor to me for decades, and a keen guide to the
new mapping and cataloging technologies that always gave me a pain. A born
teacher and story teller, she is an active participant in library and
cartographic instruction, always seeking to encourage the students gently
into the map room.

While a native of Wisconsin, she is an adopted Floridian, and a strong
advocate for environmental wisdom when it comes to wild lands, parks,
animal and plant life all over the State. You cannot go anywhere in Florida
with Helen without learning something new, interesting or critical about
the local habitat. Now she will have some time to really enjoy that Florida
landscape.

Those of us here at NYPL's Map Division wish her all the best in her new
endeavors, especially the part about not being a boss any more, not having
to meet deadlines and fill out time sheets, benefits forms, personnel
forms, etc., etc.,etc.

Happy Day, Helen, and clean out that office!!  ;)

Hugs from Manhattan.

Alice C. Hudson
Chief, The Lionel Pincus & Princess Firyal Map Division
The Humanities and Social Sciences Library
The New York Public Library
5th Avenue & 42nd Street, Room 117
New York, NY 10018-2788

[log in to unmask];  212-930-0589;   fax 212-930-0027

Open 1-7:30 Tu; 1-6 Wed-Sat.          Closed Sun, Mon.

See our exhibition, Treasured Maps, in Room 316,
the Edna Barnes Salomon Room,
from 10-7:30 Tu; 11-7:30 Wed; 10-6 Thur-Sat; 1-5 Sun.

http://nypl.org/research/chss/map/map.html