Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 07:22:09 -0500
Subject:        Gazetteers and Geonames
Date:   Fri, 11 May 2007 12:16:12 +0000
From:   Brendan Whyte <[log in to unmask]>
To:     [log in to unmask]

Carlos,

I second the retention of the print volumes. Older gazetteers record older
spellings of names, and while the online version is up to date and easy to
search for endings of placenames if the beginning is uncertain, which the
paper versions can't be, the ability to have a page(s) of placenames in
front of you is much nicer than trying to find them on a screen, and much
easier to use in close proximity to a maps or maps than a computer!

Brendan Whyte
Ubon Ratchathani University