From:
Johnnie Sutherland <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Quinn Koller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 May 2000 12:14:16 -0400
--- Begin Forwarded Message ---
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 20:29:06 +0500
From: Quinn Koller <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Fwd: GPO FUNDING FOR FY 2001, IMPACT OF PROPOSD CUTS <fwd>
Sender: Quinn Koller <[log in to unmask]>

I can't resist putting in my 2 cents and playing devil's advocate.  With
the government's push to become more digital in its dissemination of
information, it seems to me that depository libraries become somewhat
irrelevant and unnecessary.  As the director of a map library who has
built its collection without the benefit of depository status, I guess I
just don't see what the big deal is.

~ Quinn
Quinn R. Koller                        [log in to unmask]
Manager                                (717) 285-8477
Library & Information Services     fax (717) 285-8600
MapQuest.com Inc.
P.O. Box 601
Mountville, PA  17554-0601

http://www.mapquest.com
The Ultimate Destination for Directions
The opinions expressed are my own and do not represent the
opinions or policies of MapQuest.com Inc.

Johnnie Sutherland wrote:

> Date: Fri, 12 May 2000 16:59:20 -0700
> From:  <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Re: Fwd: GPO FUNDING FOR FY 2001, IMPACT OF PROPOSD CUTS <fwd>
> Sender: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Aim=E9e_Quinn?= <[log in to unmask]>
>
> Actually, this bill is death to depositories (okay, so I am a bit
> melodramatic too).  However the outlook for the Hose vote appears grim.
> We, meaning folks who are really interested in preserving the spirit of
> the depository laws, really need to have our users as well as our
> colleagues write,fax, or phone their Congressional delegation to let
> them know what they think.  For more points regarding this situation,
> please refer to the GODORT web page
> http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/GODORT/2001appro.html for further details,
> examples of letters written and talking points.
>
> Thanks for reading my two cents!
>
> Aimee Quinn
> University of Nevada Las Vegas

--- End Forwarded Message ---