From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Apr 2014 15:53:54 -0500

Subject:        Re: Phillips Society on May 15-16...exploratory essays
initiative (20th century cartography)
Date:   Mon, 14 Apr 2014 16:49:27 -0400
From:   Joel Kovarsky <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo, GIS Forum - Map Librarianship

Given that Mark Monmonier is one of the two keynote speakers, the talk
relates to "twentieth century and beyond," and given that he is editor
for vol. 6 of the _History of Cartography_ series, I thought I'd mention
the "Exploratory Essays: History of Cartography in the Twentieth
Century" site:
http://www.geography.wisc.edu/histcart/v6initiative/#essays . Although
obviously over a decade old, these are still quite good. Douglas
Richardson, although also a keynote speaker for the upcoming May
meeting, was not a contributor to that earlier group of papers.

For those of us who cannot attend in May, we can hope for a webcast.

           Joel Kovarsky

--
Joel Kovarsky
The Prime Meridian