Date:
Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:13:24 -0500
Subject:        Four Doors
Date:   Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:06:42 -0500
From:   Tom Brittnacher <[log in to unmask]>
To:     A. Cope <[log in to unmask]>

Hi everyone,

A librarian at the Snohomish (WA) Public Library recently requested some
information from the AGS Library, but we have been unable to answer
their query. Any help you can provide would be appreciated. The request
is as follows:

There is a patron who is attempting to find information about the town
of Four Doors, California. The patron remembers it from 25 years ago as
a “one horse town” or old junction somewhere in the San Francisco Bay
area or Northern California. Primarily, they are trying to find its
location so they can determine where the nearest city with a newspaper
would be located. The only Four Doors in California that they have
located refers to a beach and surfing spot in San Onofre State Park.

We have checked California's Geological Names gazetteer, several other
maps, atlases and gazetteers, as well as the US Board of Geographic
Names, without luck. Any help you can provide would be appreciated.
Please reply to us at [log in to unmask] and we can pass on the information.

Thanks,
Tom

--
Tom Brittnacher