From:
Date:
Thu, 5 Aug 1993 13:46:54 EDT
These two messages are answers to the question regarding problems printing
from Map Expert. ------------------ Johnnie

--------------------------------

              Thu, 05 Aug 93 08:53:22 EDT
              Helen Armstrong <[log in to unmask]>
              Re: Map Expert Problems

For MAPS_L
RE-Map Expert
David,
At the University of Florida, Patrons have been using MapExpert
extensively with no problems.  We are printing on an HP PaintJet quite
successfully.  Your situation sounds like a printer problem and not a
MapExpert problem.  Therefore, you should check to see if you are using
the most recent printer driver.

Good luck.  I sympathize with your problem, I know we would have great
patron difficulties if MapExpert wasn't printing.

HelenJane Armstrong, University of Florida Map & Imagery Library.

-------------------------------------

      Thu, 5 Aug 93 10:43:04 EDT
      [log in to unmask] (Eric Bridger)
         Re:  Map Expert Problems

David A. Cobb of Harvard Map Collection writes:

   >We have had a couple of recurring problems with MapExpert printing on our
   >HP 500C printer and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing
   >anything similar. First, when printing a page in "portrait" we have various
   >black lines running through, over, and under various words in the legend.
   >Second, we sometimes receive the following message on the screen:
   >
   >     "MAPS1 caused a general protection fault in module <unknown>
   >      3FBF:8E2CaaMAPS1 will close."

I checked with our tech support people and they believe the problem is
with the print driver module (???.drv) for the HP 500C.  Most likely you are
using an old version of the driver.  They noticed similiar problems
when using the Windows3.0 HP driver under Windows3.1.

The latest driver can be obtained by contacting HP directly.  As well
it is available on Compuserv in the hpperiph forum.
Eric
-----
 Eric Bridger                     [log in to unmask]
 DeLorme Mapping Systems          207-865-4171
 Freeport, ME 04032               43 50.8325 N 70 06.7525 W