From:
Larry Keenan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Oct 1995 09:36:40 EST
Indeed, you are talking about the high priced spread. The only scanner worth
it's salt is that of ANA Tech's.  That puppy starts out at 65K.  Then you
have to start talking about disk space. What about the techy that is required
to nurse the bloody thing.  Then there are maintence fees.  Best bet is to go
to outside vendors such as Land Info in Colorado, I think.  Good luck.
 Don't, I repeat don't, get sucked in by the price tag.  You are looking for
experience.  Unfortunately, there are a lot of scanner folk out there that
call themselves experts.  More like used car salespeople. You might also call
Wayne Shannon, of Computer Graphics, Inc. outside of Atlanta, GA.  The man
has forgotton most of what we ever will hope to learn.  Again, good luck.