From:
Louis Wang <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 May 2020 05:04:45 +0000

Dear all,
Since childhood, I continuously received small Turbo specieslike Turbo intercostalis , and after ages, when I increase my knowledge, Ithink undoubtedly there's a handful of small Turbo species which are very close,I listed all the confusing species as follow:1.Turbo intercostalis2.Turbo cornutus (hornless form)3.Turbo brunneus4.Turbo cernicus5.Turbo smithi6.Turbo haynesi7.Turbo sandwicensis8.Turbo stenogyrus
Since they vary a lot in pattern and color which makes this kindof identification not reliable, I would say potiential identifications canstart from following aspects:
A. How strong the "cords"texture is there on the body. Some do have less developped "cords"than others.

B. Whether  there're multiple produced "scales"on the "cords" or not. The "scales" on "cords"for certain species are less obvious.

C.Whether there's a navel on the bottomor not. I think it will be a fixed feature for a certain species.

D. Shape of the aperture.

Any good ideas for this kind of complexis welcome!
Kind regards,
Louis