From:
Richard Goldberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Mar 2022 12:31:10 -0500
Let's not forget Rapana venosa that is slowly making its way from east to west. In 1998 it was discovered at the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay in Virginia almost definitely introduced as a veliger dumped from a ship's ballast in the busy shipping lanes of the Bay. It is, of course, well established over the past century in the Black, Aegean, Adriatic, Mediterranean Seas from its native Southeast Asian/Korean waters. Rapana venosa is by far the largest marine stowaway in its spread globally.
Rich