Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 14:16:44 -0600
Subject:        Re: MAPS-L: Online map indexes to USGS topo series?
Date:   Tue, 09 Jan 2007 15:15:06 -0500
From:   Robert Menk <[log in to unmask]>
To:     Maps, Air Photo & Geospatial Systems Forum <[log in to unmask]>

If they just need to be able to look up quad names, etc. I've often used
this site:
http://catalog.maplink.com/usgs/USMap.html
which looks just like the paper and is extremely simple to use - just
click on a state to zoom in, etc.

They also have versions searchable by coordinates here:
http://catalog.maplink.com/scripts/cgi-bin/cgiip.exe/partcatT3.r
and by quad name here:
http://catalog.maplink.com/scripts/cgi-bin/cgiip.exe/catalogT2.r

Hope that's of some use.